This is the perfect time of year to celebrate the classic flavor combination of cranberry and orange. These Cranberry Orange White Chocolate Chip Cookies are chocked full of both and the flavor is incredible! The addition of creamy white chocolate chips takes them over-the-top. Bake a batch during the holidays for gift giving or festive snacking, either way they’re sure to put a smile on the faces of the special people in your life.
I made my first batch of homemade cookies when I was 10 years old. It was a simple peanut butter cookie and made completely from scratch. So, you might say my love affair with baking came early in life. I know what you’re thinking, I must have been supervised by a Parent at that age but, I wasn’t. My Mom and Granma’s taught me at a young age how to cook and bake and I was completely at home creaming butter and sugar together to the perfect consistency. I also had no fear of working with a preheated oven. Baking was, and still is my happy place.
Cookies in every flavor imaginable continue to rotate through my kitchen and my sons are the happy recipients of them all. At this point, they’re content with being my official taste testers but, are keen to learn how to bake cookies, too. I suppose time will tell. These cookies combine the classic flavors of chewy dried cranberries with the bright flavor of fresh orange juice and orange zest all made into cookie perfection with the addition of white chocolate chips. They’re a winner every single time.
Cranberry Orange White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened (2 sticks)
- 1½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp plus1 tsp freshly grated orange zest
- 2⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 5 oz package dried cranberries
- n the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, orange juice, and vanilla. Cream for 2 minutes until fluffy and pale yellow in color.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Beat in the orange zest.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. With the mixer on low speed gradually add the dry ingredients. Stop and scrape the bowl as needed. Beat until the dry ingredients are fully moistened.
- Mix-in the white chocolate chips and cranberries by hand. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- To bake, preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment or a silpat.
- Divide the dough using a 2 oz ice cream scoop, leaving 3-inches apart to allow for spreading. (A regular size ice cream scoop is 4 oz)
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store tightly sealed at room temperature.