These Cranberry Orange White Chocolate Chip Cookies are filled with sweetened dried cranberries and creamy white chocolate chips. They’re a must make during the holidays for gift giving or festive snacking. Either way, they’re sure to put a smile on the faces of the special people in your life.
Cranberry Orange White Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is the perfect time of year to celebrate the classic flavor combination of cranberry and orange. I made my first batch of homemade cookies when I was 10 years old. It was a simple peanut butter cookie and made completely from scratch. So it’s safe to say that my love affair with baking came early in life. I know what you’re thinking, I must have been supervised by a Parent at that age, but I wasn’t. My Mom and Grandma’s taught me at a young age how to cook and bake and I was completely at home creaming butter and sugar together to the perfect consistency. I also had no fear of working with a preheated oven. Baking was, and still is my happy place.
How to Make the Best Cranberry Orange White Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
These cookies combine the classic flavors of chewy dried cranberries with the bright flavor of fresh orange juice and orange zest. The citrus flavor pairs beautifully with the addition of white chocolate chips. They’re a winner every single time.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Cranberry Orange White Chocolate Chip Cookies: Butter, granulated sugar, all purpose flour, baking soda, salt, orange juice, orange zest, vanilla extract, dried sweetened cranberries and white chocolate baking chips.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A stand mixer or a hand mixer, measuring cups and spoons, a whisk, sheet pans, a cookie scoop or small ice cream scoop and citrus zester.
- You can fully prep this cookie dough up to 3 days in advance then scoop and bake when you’re ready.
- Please note: This recipe calls for 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of orange zest for the cookie dough. In other words, 4 teaspoons total.
- You can make these cookies any size you like. For small cookies, the baking time will be shorter and likewise for large cookies the time may be slightly longer. The cookies should be lightly golden on top with golden edges.
- You can use any brand of white chocolate chips that you enjoy for this recipe. You could also use white chocolate chunks or chopped white chocolate in the same amount.
- Store Cranberry Orange White Chocolate Chip Cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
- You can also freeze the cookie dough for up to 3 months.
More Easy Cookie Recipes to Make
It doesn’t have to be a special occasion to bake a batch of cookies. More cookie recipes you may also like to try:
- Everyone needs a recipe for classic Chocolate Chips Cookies,
- Candy bar filled Baby Ruth Cookies are a terrific choice for using up leftover Easter or Halloween candy.
- Cut Out Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies can be made into any shape you like.
- Gingerbread Cookies are a holiday tradition.
- Powder sugar coated Snowball Cookies.
- No two Chocolate Crinkle Cookies look the same but they’re guaranteed to be delicious.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies are a seasonal must make.
- Fruit Cake Cookies from Noshing with the Nolands.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cranberry Orange White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp grated orange zest, plus 1 tsp
- 2⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 5 oz package dried cranberries
- Cookie Dough: Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, orange juice, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Cream for 2 minutes on medium high until fluffy and pale yellow in color.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Beat in the orange zest. (1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp)
- In a separate bowl, use a whisk to sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. With the mixer on low speed gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Stop and scrape the bowl as needed. Beat until the dry ingredients are fully moistened.
- Mix-in the white chocolate chips and cranberries by hand until evenly distributed in the cookie dough. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- To Bake: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment or a silpat.
- Divide the dough using a 2 oz ice cream scoop, leaving 3-inches apart to allow for spreading. (A regular size ice cream scoop is 4 oz)
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store tightly sealed at room temperature for up to 4 days.