This Smothered Crock Pot Pork Chops recipe is a mouthwatering slow cooker feast. Serve it over cooked rice, egg noodles or a heaping helping of mashed potatoes with a generous drizzle of the flavorful gravy. It’s comfort food personified that you can make any day of the week.
Easy Crock Pot Pork Chops Recipe
Slow cookers are a busy cook’s best friend. They can turn inexpensive cuts of meat into tender perfection while you attend to other tasks. These Crock Pot Pork Chops are smothered with a rich onion and mushroom gravy making it ideal for serving with noodles or mashed potatoes.
How to Make the Best Crock Pot Pork Chops Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Crockpot Smothered Pork Chops: Thick cut pork chops, Cajun seasoning, mushrooms, salt, lemon pepper, garlic, two cans golden mushroom soup i.e. Campbell’s, chicken stock, all purpose flour, Dijon mustard, light brown sugar, onion, cornstarch, heavy cream and chopped parsley for garnishing.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: 6 quart or similar slow cooker, measuring cups and spoons, small bowl and whisk, sharp knife and chopping board, small bowl and large spoon.
- Please note: This recipe and cooking times are for bone-in pork chops. Boneless pork chops will cook more quickly so should you choose to adapt using boneless, decrease the cooking time and check them halfway through cooking for doness.
- When making a cornstarch slurry for thickening the sauce you always use cold cream, cold water or liquid of choice. This will prevent the cornstarch from seizing and causing lumps in the gravy.
- How do you make Crock Pot Pork Chops? Season the pork chops on all sides per the recipe then arrange in the slow cooker. Top with sliced mushrooms and onion. Mix together the soup, stock and seasonings per the recipe then pour evenly on top. Place the lid firmly on top then cook for 7-8 hours on low or 3-4 on high. Adjust the time if the pork chops are thinner. Remove the pork chops to a platter to thicken the sauce.
- To thicken the sauce, whisk together cornstarch and cream then whisk into the sauce to thicken the flavorful gravy per the recipe.
- Store cooked Crock Pot Pork Chops chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently in single servings in the microwave or in a 350°F air fryer just until heated through.
- You can warm the sauce separately in a small saucepan.
More Easy Pork Recipes to Make
- This Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin is stuffed with a cheesy spinach filling.
- These Peach Glazed Pork Chops are delicious over rice to soak up the delicious sweet and spicy sauce.
- Fried Pork Tenderloin with Sawmill Gravy is comfort food personified.
- Bourbon Spice Rubbed Pork Tenderloin melts in your mouth.
- Slow Cooked Pulled Pork Barbecue can be topped with any barbecue sauce that you enjoy.
- Make crispy Air Fryer Pork Chops in no time for supper.
- Grilled Pork Shish Kabobs from Natasha’s Kitchen.
THANKS FOR VISITING COME BACK SOON!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Crock Pot Pork Chops
- 6 3/4-1inch thick cut pork chops (about 3 lbs)
- 2 tsp Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 10 oz cans Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup OR 1 can cream of mushroom and 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup chicken stock OR beer
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp packed light brown sugar `
- 3 cups sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 large onion cut in half then thinly sliced
- 2 `Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold heavy cream Or light cream
- mashed potatoes, noodles or white rice for serving
- chopped fresh parsley for garnishing
- Spray the crock of a 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Season pork chops with Creole seasoning, salt and lemon pepper. Arrange on bottom of crockpot.
- Arrange sliced mushrooms, onion and minced garlic over pork chops.
- In a bowl whisk together soup, stock, flour, mustard and brown sugar until smooth. Pour over pork chops.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or 3-4 hours on high. Cook until the pork chops are fork tender.
- Remove pork chops to a platter using a slotted spoon. Turn crockpot temperature to high.
- Dissolve 2 Tbsp cornstarch into the cold cream. Whisk into the sauce in the crockpot. Mix until fully blended. (May thicken further repeating the process, if needed.)
- Serve garnished with parsley over cooked rice, egg noodles or with mashed potatoes.