You can make these crispy delicious Air Fryer Pork Chops in no time flat. Serve them with your favorite comfort food sides for a homestyle feast at your own kitchen table.
Crispy Breaded Air Fryer Pork Chops
Pork can make an affordable and delicious family and budget friendly entrée. Chili rubbed pork loin with roasted vegetables is a fabulous all in one supper. Then, living in North Carolina, pulled pork barbecue is like a right of passage for locals. We love pulled pork year-round, often topped with a generous scoop of Carolina red slaw. My braised pork ribs are fall apart tender and go well with grits or turned into festive tacos. This pork recipe goes the route of a crispy flavorful coating that cooks to juicy perfection in an air fryer without additional oil. That's a dinner win.
Helpful Tips for Making Pork Chops in an Air Fryer
- Air fryers are like any other kitchen appliance in that they can vary in performance. Know how your appliance performs and you'll be good to go.
- I'm a firm believer in seasoning the pork pieces before coating for the most well rounded flavor.
- When spritzing the breaded pork chops with oil, it's important to cover every inch of breading. If you don't, those areas tend to get really dark and burn. Repeat, when turning.
- You may line the bottom of the air fryer with parchment to prevent sticking. When doing so, add it just before placing the pork chops into the air fryer to prevent it from blowing around.
More Tips for Cooking Pork Chops
- You can use either a quality cooking spray or, make your own oil spray using an oil sprayer.
- If the pork chops are large, it's best to cook the chops in batches, frying similar size pieces together for even cooking.
- When turning the the pork chops halfway through, spritz again with oil taking care to cover all floured areas. Be gentle so as not to disturb the breading.
- You may also like to try my recipe for Air Fryer Southern Fried Chicken and these Garlic Parmesan Wings made in an air fryer from Six Sisters Stuff.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Air Fryer Pork Chops
- 8 ½ inch thick boneless pork chops
- ¾ tsp salt divided (plus additional for seasoning pork chops)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp whole milk
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ⅔ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- ½ tsp dry Italian seasoning
- cooking spray or oil sprayer
- Set up a dredging station: In a shallow bowl, beat together eggs, milk, ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp black pepper.
- On a plate mix together breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, granulated garlic, onion powder, lemon pepper, ½ tsp salt and dry Italian seasoning.
- Season each pork chop lightly with salt, eyeball the amount, to your taste. Dip each into the egg wash.
- Dredge chops in seasoned bread crumbs. Press the bread crumbs firmly onto each pork chop. Arrange on a pan while air fryer preheats.
- Spray the basket with cooking spray. Preheat air fryer to 375°F for 5 minutes.
- Spray breading liberally on all sides with cooking spray or using an oil spritzer. Arrange pork chops in basket of air fryer without touching. Cook in batches, if needed.
- Cook until golden brown, 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°F. Carefully turn halfway through cooking and spritz with additional cooking spray, try not to disturb breading. Remove and keep warm. Repeat process with remaining chops.
- Rest for 5 minutes, then serve.