The opportunity to make a pretty presentation is here, too. Afterall, we do eat with our eyes first. So use a piping bag or a plastic zip top bag with the corner snipped off to dollop the cheese onto the cucumber and bread rounds. If you prefer, the entire spread can be placed into a pretty bowl and surrounded with the dippers. Make these Garlic-Herb Cheese Canapes With Fresh Chives And Sundried Tomatoes in advance and to put the "e" in easy entertaining. See also Peppered Herb Pimiento Cheese Ball, Spanish Olive Pimento Cheese Spread. and Egg Salad Cucumber Canapes.
So easy and lighter too!
Garlic-Herb Cheese Canapes With Fresh Chives And Sundried Tomatoes
- 8 oz garlic-herb spreadable cheese [ie Boursin Alouette, President]
- 2 Tbsp sundried tomatoes rinsed, chopped, divided
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives divided
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 2 inch bread rounds
- 12 ½ inch thick cucumber rounds
- alternative: pita chips crostini, crackers 24
- Mix together the garlic-herb cheese, 2 Tbsp chopped sundried tomatoes, 2 Tbsp chopped chives and ¼ tsp red pepper flakes. Stir until combined.
- Use a teaspoon or a piping bag fitted with a large open star tip, to divide the mixture onto bread rounds and cucumber rounds.
- Garnish with the reserved sundried tomatoes and chopped chives.
- Serve immediately or chill and assemble later when making the spread in advance.