Garlic-Herb Cheese Canapes With Fresh Chives And Sundried Tomatoes – These no-bake garlic-herb cheese canapes are a snap to assemble. Just by adding fragrant fresh chives and chopped sundried tomatoes it takes this goat cheese spread and gives it the personal touch that makes it super special. Once combined, the cheese mixture can be served on seasoned garlic bread rounds, crostini or for your low-carb friends, it’s delicious on cucumber, too. If you like, you can also serve this spread with pita chips or crackers. It’s simple to make and so tasty, you might want to double the recipe.
The opportunity to make a pretty presentation is here, too. Afterall, we do eat with our eyes first. So use a piping bag or a plastic zip top bag with the corner snipped off to dollop the cheese onto the cucumber and bread rounds. If you prefer, the entire spread can be placed into a pretty bowl and surrounded with the dippers. Make it in advance and it puts the “e” in easy entertaining.
So easy and lighter too!
Garlic-Herb Cheese Canapes With Fresh Chives And Sundried Tomatoes
Author: Melissa Sperka
Serves: 1 cup or 20-24 canapés
- 8 oz garlic-herb spreadable cheese [ie Boursin, Alouette, President]
- 2 Tbsp sundried tomatoes, rinsed, chopped, divided
- 2 Tbsp chopped chives, divided
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 10-12 [2 "] bread rounds
- 10-12 [1/2"] thick cucumber rounds
- alternative: pita chips, crostini, crackers [20-24 total]
- Mix together the garlic-herb cheese, 2 Tbsp chopped sundried tomatoes, 2 Tbsp chopped chives and ¼ tsp red pepper flakes. Stir until combined.
- Use a teaspoon or a piping bag fitted with a large open star tip, to divide the mixture onto bread rounds and cucumber rounds.
- Garnish with the reserved sundried tomatoes and chopped chives.
- Serve chilled.