These easy Buffalo Chicken Bites are made using wonton wrappers for the crust and then baked in a mini muffin pan. They're a fun appetizer to make for game day, casual parties and holiday gatherings.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Bites Recipe
If you're not inclined to make classic chicken wings for game day snacking, these Buffalo Chicken Bites are just the ticket! How do you make Buffalo Chicken Bites? This recipe begins with wonton wrappers that you can usually find in the produce department of any grocery store. Fit them into a mini muffin pan and use a shot glass or a pastry tamper to press firmly in place. In a mixing bowl, mix together chopped chicken, buffalo wing sauce, cream cheese, green onions and Ranch dressing then fill each cup. Sprinkle the tops with more cheese and bake per the recipe. Serve them warm drizzled with additional Ranch salad dressing and green onions for color.
How to Make the Best Buffalo Chicken Bites Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Buffalo Chicken Wonton Bites: Shredded rotisserie chicken, chive and onion cream cheese, buffalo wing sauce, granulated garlic, shredded white cheddar, classic yellow cheddar or colby jack cheese plus prepared Ranch dressing for drizzling on top and green onions for garnishing.
- Kitchen tools you'll need: A 24 cup non stick mini muffin pan or two 12 cup mini muffin pans, measuring cups and spoons, cheese grater, medium bowl, whisk, rubber spatula, pastry tamper and hand mixer (this is optional.)
- You can use any cooked chicken in this recipe. Rotisserie chicken, baked chicken, poached chicken, grilled chicken or roasted chicken.
- I have used use sharp white cheddar cheese for this recipe, classic cheddar, pepper jack or even mozzarella cheese. You can adapt using your favorite flavor of cheese to suit your preference.
- You can drizzle these buffalo chicken wontons with Ranch dressing or Bleu cheese dressing in keeping with the classic combination. You can also serve some on the side for dipping.
- Store leftovers chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in an air fryer or in the microwave.
- You can also freeze Buffalo Chicken Bites for up to 1 month after assembling, then bake them from frozen. When doing so, allow a few minutes on the counter to thaw slightly then increase the baking time, as needed.
More Easy Appetizer Recipes to Make
Small bite appetizers are a year round happening at our house. Whether it's game day, casual gatherings with friends or graduation celebrations, you always need appetizers to get the party started. More appetizer recipes you may also like to try:
- Jalapeno Popper Puffs are made with crescent rolls.
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders can be made as an appetizer or a casual meal.
- Easy Restaurant Style Salsa is a winner.
- Supreme Pizza Pull Apart Bread is a game day favorite.
- These homemade Crab Rangoon are sure to impress your family and friends.
- Italian Meatball Bites can be made with success by cooks of all skill levels.
- Honey Garlic Chicken Wings from Well Plated.
THANKS FOR VISITING COME BACK SOON!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Buffalo Chicken Bites
- 24 wonton wrappers
- ½ cup chive and onion cream cheese
- ⅓ cup buffalo wing sauce
- 3 tablespoon prepared Ranch dressing
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 ½ cups shredded or chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese divided use
- ¼ cup prepared Ranch dressing or bleu cheese dressing for drizzling on top
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced green onions for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 24 cup mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Fit one wonton into each well. Use a shot glass or a pastry tamper to gently press onto the bottom.
- In a medium bowl, use a mixer to whip together cream cheese, buffalo sauce, Ranch dressing and granulated garlic. Add chicken and ¾ cup shredded cheese, mixing in by hand.
- Use a teaspoon to divide the chicken mixture evenly between the wonton cups. Sprinkle the tops with remaining ¾ cup shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden. Let stand in the pan for a couple of minutes.
- Serve drizzled with additional Ranch dressing and garnished with green onions.
Leave a Reply