Homestyle Garlic Herb Bread is one of those all occasion breads that compliment so many different meals. This is the recipe I reach for most often when making a bread for both everyday meals and when I’m entertaining friends and family. It’s simple to prepare and I always have the ingredients on hand making it an easy choice plus, my family loves it. That makes this recipe a triple threat in m,y book. It’s a must-make for all of the bread lovers. All of the butter lovers. And, all of the garlic lovers.
Bread and butter…it’s a meal in itself. Whether it’s mozzarella cheese stuffed, homemade sunflower oat wheat bread or spicy cheddar jalapeno cornbread loaf it all spells delicious. Some days, it’s completely acceptable to grab one of those inexpensive fluffy loaves of bread available in every single grocery store. When making this quick garlic and herb bread, I’m certain to use an ultra fresh loaf of bread. Using fresh bread ensures that after baking, the inside will be soft and the outside will be crispy and toasted. The garlic-herb butter can be made in advance, too. It packs a ton of flavor to be so simple to make and there’s never a crumb leftover.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Homestyle Garlic Herb Bread
Servings 12 pieces
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread
- 3-4 garlic cloves peeled
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt [to your taste]
- 1/4 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup [1stick] softened butter
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- In a food processor, mince the garlic, herbs, and seasonings. Measuring the amount of parsley leaves isn't an exact science. It's reasonable to guess that you'll need around a tablespoon and a half.
- Add the softened butter and Parmesan cheese and continue to process until smooth. [This can be done in advance and refrigerated until you need it]
- Cut the bread into 12 equal slices. Spread each piece liberally with garlic-herb butter.
- Place onto a baking sheet and bake at 450°F for 5-6 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately.
Leftover garlic-herb butter will keep tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to one week.