This Homestyle Garlic Herb Bread recipe is one of those all occasion breads that compliment so many different meals. It's simple to prepare and you likely already have the ingredients on hand to make it which is always a plus. It's a must-make to serve alongside practically any kind of cuisine whether you're serving soup, stew, pasta, grilled steak, pork or chicken and more.
Easy Homestyle Garlic Herb Bread Recipe
Bread and butter...it's a meal in itself. Whether it's mozzarella cheese stuffed, homemade sunflower oat wheat bread or spicy cheddar jalapeno cornbread loaf, it all spells delicious. Some days, it's completely acceptable to grab one of those inexpensive fluffy loaves of bread available in every single grocery store. This is the recipe I reach for most often when making bread for both everyday meals, and when I'm entertaining friends and family.
How to Make the Best Homestyle Garlic Herb Bread
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Garlic Herb Bread: One loaf of Italian or French bread from the grocery store bakery, fresh minced garlic, chopped Italian parsley, dried Italian seasonings, grated Parmesan cheese, salt, onion powder and black pepper.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A bread knife and chopping board, a sheet pan, measuring cups and spoons, a small bowl and spoon for mixing the seasoned butter.
- When making this quick garlic and herb bread, I'm certain to use an ultra fresh loaf of bread. Using fresh bread ensures that after baking, the inside will be soft and the outside will be crispy and toasted.
- You can use salted or unsalted butter for this garlic herb bread.
- The garlic-herb butter can be made in advance, too. It packs a ton of flavor to be so simple to make and there's never a crumb leftover. Store in the refrigerator chilled until you're ready to use it and let it soften at room temperature to make it easier to spread.
- Store leftover Homestyle Garlic Herb Bread at room temperature or chilled tightly wrapped in foil or plastic wrap for up to 2 days.
- Reheat gently in the microwave in single serving portions.
More Southern Style Bread Recipes to Make
There's no wrong time of day, occasion or meal that doesn't need bread to accompany the meal. More easy bread recipes you may also like to try:
- Cheesy Garlic Bread is the perfect side kick for a bowl of soup or pasta.
- Dutch Oven Artisan White Bread is certain to impress the family.
- Italian Herb Beer Bread is a pull apart bread that's super simple to make.
- These easy Garlic Cheese Rolls are ooey gooey good.
- Pull Apart Pepperoni Bread Sticks are delicious served with warm marinara or pizza sauce for dipping.
- Sourdough Bread from Taste of Home
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Homestyle Garlic Herb Bread
Servings: 12 pieces
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread
- 3-4 garlic cloves peeled
- 1-2 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon salt adjust amount to your taste
- ¼ teaspoon dry Italian seasoning
- ⅛ tsp. onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a food processor, mince the garlic, herbs, and seasonings. Measuring the amount of parsley leaves isn't an exact science. It's reasonable to guess that you'll need around a tablespoon and a half.
- Add the softened butter and Parmesan cheese and continue to process until smooth. [This can be done in advance and refrigerated until you need it]
- Cut the bread into 12 equal slices. Spread each piece liberally with garlic-herb butter.
- Place onto a baking sheet and bake at 450°F for 5-6 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately.
Leftover garlic-herb butter will keep tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 338mg | Potassium: 11mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 371IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @melissassk or tag #melissassk!
Hi Jim, I completely agree, and so simple. ☺
So much better than store bought mix or the quick butter and garlic salt.
Thank you! 🙂
Looks great Melissa- And so easy! Thanks for sharing:)