Homestyle Garlic Herb Bread and Butter
Bread and butter...it's a meal in itself. Whether it's mozzarella cheese stuffed, homemade sunflower oat wheat bread or spicy cheddar jalapeno cornbread loaf, it all spells delicious. Some days, it's completely acceptable to grab one of those inexpensive fluffy loaves of bread available in every single grocery store. This is the recipe I reach for most often when making bread for both everyday meals, and when I'm entertaining friends and family.
- When making this quick garlic and herb bread, I'm certain to use an ultra fresh loaf of bread. Using fresh bread ensures that after baking, the inside will be soft and the outside will be crispy and toasted.
- The garlic-herb butter can be made in advance, too. It packs a ton of flavor to be so simple to make and there's never a crumb leftover.
Other Bread Recipes to Add to the Menu
- Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Dutch Oven Artisan White Bread
- Italian Herb Beer Bread
- Sourdough Bread from Taste of Home
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Homestyle Garlic Herb Bread
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread
- 3-4 garlic cloves peeled
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley
- ¼-1/2 tsp salt adjust amount to your taste
- ¼ tsp dry Italian seasoning
- ⅛ tsp. onion powder
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- In a food processor, mince the garlic, herbs, and seasonings. Measuring the amount of parsley leaves isn't an exact science. It's reasonable to guess that you'll need around a tablespoon and a half.
- Add the softened butter and Parmesan cheese and continue to process until smooth. [This can be done in advance and refrigerated until you need it]
- Cut the bread into 12 equal slices. Spread each piece liberally with garlic-herb butter.
- Place onto a baking sheet and bake at 450°F for 5-6 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately.