I reach for this recipe to serve at most of our special holiday celebrations throughout the entire year. We never ever get tired of the green bean and potatoes flavor combination.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Green Bean and Potato Salad with a Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
- 1 28 oz package whole frozen green beans or the equivalent of fresh
- 12 small red potatoes
- salt & black pepper
- Bacon Vinaigrette
- 6 slices bacon
- black pepper to taste
- 1 medium shallot (Or 1/4 cup red onion) minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2-2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- Steam the green beans per the instructions on the bag.
- Boil unpeeled whole potatoes, in salted water until fork tender, around 15 minutes.
- Drain well, cut in half. Place both the drained green beans and potato halves into a large mixing bowl and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Set aside.
- Vinaigrette: Snip the bacon using kitchen shears into a frying pan. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Fry the bacon until crisp, then use a slotted spoon to remove from pan.
- Drain all but 2 Tbsp bacon drippings from pan.
- Add shallot to the pan and saute in the bacon drippings for 1 minute or until tender and golden. Add the minced garlic and saute for about 1 minute.
- Using a stand blender, blend together sugar, red wine vinegar, cooked shallot and garlic, Dijon, thyme, and salt.
- Slowly add the vegetable oil while blending until emulsified and slightly thickened.
- Toss the green beans and halved potatoes with the warm vinaigrette. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper if desired.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.