These crispy golden Baked Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops are made using one of my favorite faux frying hacks. Coated in a Parmesan cheese and Panko breadcrumb coating they’re drizzled with butter and baked until they’re tender and juicy on the inside and covered with that crunchy exterior we all love. The simple preparation and seasoned coating gives all of the flavor and texture without the mess of conventional frying. It’s a winning combination.
Oven frying seems to spark debate. Some believe it’s not fried if it’s not done on the stovetop or in a deep fryer of some sort. I simply don’t feel the same way. The implication with “oven frying” is that it alludes to the texture that baking gives without the oil, extra calories and messy clean-up. I mean, we’re talking about cooking, why spend time debating such things just grab a fork and dig in, right? I have several oven fried recipes on this site and they’re ALL uber popular so, I’m not alone in my love of this technique. My Oven Fried Crispy Parmesan Chicken, Firecracker Onion Rings, Oven Fried Provolone Stuffed Chicken Breasts and Panko Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Fries just to name a few. They’re incredibly delicious and show-up regularly on my family’s menu, too. We’re bonefide oven frying fans.
I’v prepared these pork chops on several occasions, baking directly on a baking sheet, on a baking sheet fitted with a baking rack and using a broiler pan. I recommend you use one of the latter techniques as air circulating around the entire piece does seem to yield a more crispy exterior. These pork chops are fantastic when served with mashed potatoes or macaroni and cheese with a side of green beans and maybe a salad or deviled eggs and a pan of hot rolls on the side. It’s home cooking with a side of love and easy clean-up, too. That’s the best kind of food you’ll ever make or enjoy.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Items used in the preparation of this recipe:
See more or my favorite things here on Amazon
Baked Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
- 8 1/2-inch thick boneless pork chops
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 3/4 tsp garlic salt divided plus additional
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp whole milk
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter or light butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Liberally spray a rimmed baking sheet fitted with a baking rack with cooking spray. Line the baking sheet with foil, if desired.Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, 1/4 tsp garlic salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- On a plate mix together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, lemon pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic salt, onion powder and dry Italian seasoning.
- Season each pork chop lightly with garlic salt, eyeball the amount, to your taste. Dip each into the egg wash.
- Dredge chops in seasoned breadcrumbs. Press the breadcrumbs firmly onto each pork chop. Arrange on the baking rack.
- Drizzle each chop with melted butter. May use more butter, if desired or spritz with cooking spray.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until fork tender. To brown further, at the end of baking increase the oven temperature to broil.Turn once to brown both sides evenly.
- Rest for 5 minutes then serve.
Baking time should be adjusted according to thickness of the pork chops used. Thinner pieces will take less time and for thicker pork chops add baking time