These easy Jalapeno Popper Puffs are stuffed with the same flavors featured in jalapeno poppers all wrapped-up in crescent dough. They're super simple to make and guaranteed to disappear as soon as they're served.
Easy Jalapeno Popper Puffs Recipe
This jalapeno popper recipe is the kind of finger foods that everyone gravitates to. How do you make Jalapeno Popper Puffs? First, you'll need to prepare the filling by mixing together softened cream cheese and seasonings with crumbled bacon, chopped jalapeno peppers, shredded cheese and green onions. Separate the crescent roll dough and spread each triangle with the filling. Roll up and bake until golden then enjoy!
How to Make the Best Jalapeno Popper Puffs Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Jalapeno Popper Puffs: Two tubes classic crescent rolls, one block plain cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, jalapeno pepper, cooked and crumbled bacon, chopped green onions, salt, lemon pepper, granulated garlic and cumin. You'll also need Ranch dressing for dipping.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A non stick surface for assembling the rolls, a hand mixer or stand mixer, measuring cups and spoons, a large rubber spatula or spoon, cheese grater and sheet pans for baking the puffs.
- You can prepare the mixture for the filling one day in advance and chill in the refrigerator until you're ready to assemble the puffs.
- When assembling the puffs, it may be tempting to overfill them, but if you add too much filling while baking, it will just seep out the sides.
- I like to use regular cut bacon for this recipe but you can also use thick cut bacon or any style of bacon you like.
- Other cheese that would be good in these puffs: White cheddar, smoked or classic gouda, monterey jack, colby jack, pepper jack, mozzarella, chipotle gouda, etc.
- For a little more heat, leave the seeds in the jalapenos if you want these spicier.
- Dipping sauces you can use: Barbecue sauce, honey mustard, or Cajun ranch.
- For even more heat, add some of your favorite hot sauce, or dice up a habanero, serrano, or Thai chile into the mix. This is for those who love heat, of course.
- These make for a fun party appetizer and can be easily doubled or tripled depending on the guests you expect.
- To reheat leftovers, only do so in a 350°F oven so the crescent rolls won't become soggy.
- Keep baked Jalapeno Popper Puffs chilled in the fridge for up to 5 days. Freeze for up to 3 months.
More Easy Appetizer Recipes to Make
- These Southern Cheese Straws are made using a cookie press.
- Pull apart Chicken Parmesan Sliders can be assembled in advance then baked just before serving.
- This Restaurant Style Salsa comes together in 5 minutes.
- Pepperoni Pizza Rolls for game day and casual meals.
- Air Fryer Barbecue Chicken Kabobs are juicy and flavorful.
- Italian Meatball Bites are a party favorite with warm pizza sauce or marinara sauce for dipping.
- Antipasto Skewers from Wonky Wonderful.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Jalapeno Popper Puffs
- 1 8 oz block plain cream cheese softened
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper seeded and finely diced
- 2 8 oz tubes classic crescent rolls
- prepared Ranch dressing for dipping
- 2 thin green onions chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two large sheet pans with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl use an electric mixer to whip together cream cheese, salt, garlic, lemon pepper and cumin until fully combined.
- To the bowl add crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese, jalapeno, and green onions. Whip on low speed just until combined. (You can also fold this in by hand.)
- To assemble: Unroll crescent rolls one tube at a time separating triangles at perforations. Lay on a flat surface. Use a sharp knife to cut each crescent roll into 2 even triangles from top to bottom.
- Place one 1 ½ teaspoons of cream cheese filling on widest part of each triangle. then roll beginning with the widest edge. to form a crescent shape. Place onto prepared pans leaving 1-2 inches of space between. Repeat with the second tube of crescent rolls.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or just until lightly golden brown. Rest on the pan for 5 minutes to set then serve with Ranch dressing on the side for dipping.
Leave a Reply