This recipe for gooey Chicken Parmesan Sliders is one that you can serve for snacking, game day and casual meals. The buttery seasoned coating and sprinkle of Parmesan cheese makes the perfect topping. Assemble them and bake then all that's left to do is cut them apart and enjoy.
Easy Chicken Parmesan Sliders Recipe
Chicken Parmesan is one of my favorite Italian dishes to make and serve. It's a classic and I've yet to come across anyone who doesn't love fried chicken drizzled with marinara and topped with gooey cheese. How do you make Chicken Parmesan Sliders? This recipe begins with cooked bread chicken tenderloins. Slice a 12 count package of slider rolls in half, layer with cheese and a drizzle of marinara sauce then repeat ending with cheese to hold it all together. Top with the rolls slathered with butter and sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese and parsley.
How to Make the Best Chicken Parmesan Sliders Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Chicken Parmesan Sliders: One package of breaded chicken tenders (your favorite brand), 12 count slider rolls or brioche rolls, sliced Mozzarella cheese, a premade purchased jar of marinara sauce, melted butter, onion powder, dry Italian seasoning, garlic salt, grated Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A sheet pan, sharp knife and cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, a small bowl, a cheese grater and pastry brush.
- You can use your favorite brand of breaded chicken tenders for this recipe. You could also adapt using chicken breast cutlets if that's your preference or what you have on hand. If you'd like to make them homemade, checkout my recipe for Breaded Chicken Tenders.
- The best way to cut these sliders apart is along the roll perforations using a sharp knife. These aren't pull apart rolls and you'll need to use a sharp knife to cut them apart for serving.
- Have warm marinara on the side for those who might like their chicken parmesan extra saucy.
- You can fully assemble these sliders one day in advance and chill in the refrigerator until baking. When doing so, wait to brush the tops with melted butter and Parmesan cheese until just before baking. You may also need to allow them 10-15 minutes on the counter to warm to room temperature and add a few minutes to the bake time.
- Store leftovers chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently in the microwave in individual servings.
Which Rolls are Best for Sliders?
For this recipe you can use the brand that you enjoy most. Because these are a hearty slider, I tend to go bigger than Sweet Hawaiian Rolls as they are quite small. If you enjoy them and the size is right, you can certainly use them in this application. Otherwise, choose a slider roll that's on the larger side of the spectrum or a brioche slider bun readily found in most grocery store bakeries.
More Southern Style Slider Recipes to Make
Sliders can be a snack or a meal depending on the appetites of those your serving. More slider recipes you may also like to try:
- The meatloaf sandwich fans will flip for these Barbecue Meatloaf Sliders.
- Poppy Seed Cheddar Turkey Sliders are drizzled with whole berry cranberry sauce.
- Skip the tortillas and enjoy these Easy Cheesy Taco Sliders instead.
- The kiddos will love these Monster Meatball Sliders.
- My Reuben Sliders are drizzled with a homemade thousand island dressing.
- Bacon Cheeseburger Hawaiian Sweet Rolls sliders are gooey and delicious.
- Ham and Swiss Poppy Seed Rolls are a party classic.
- Hot Italian Sliders from Family Fresh Meals.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- 1 26 oz package crispy chicken tenders or chicken breast cutlets i.e. Perdue or Tyson
- 12 slider rolls
- 4 tablespoon salted butter melted
- 3 medium garlic cloves or 1 teaspoon granulated garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dry Italian seasoning or oregano
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce (thick) plus additional for serving
- 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1-2 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley for garnishing (optional)
- Cook chicken on a sheet pan according to package directions. Cool.
- To assemble sliders: Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12 x 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Cut sliders in half, placing bottom in dish. (Alternately, bake on a parchment lined sheet pan)
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, garlic, onion powder, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes.
- Brush bottom rolls all over with garlic butter. Top with 6 slices cheese. Spread ½ cup marinara sauce over cheese, then arrange chicken pieces on top. Drizzle with ½ cup marinara sauce. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Cover with remaining 6 cheese slices.
- Place top buns over cheese. Brush rolls all over with remaining garlic butter. Sprinkle top with reserved Parmesan.
- Lay foil loosely on top. Bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake another 3-5 minutes or until lightly golden and cheese has melted.
- Use a sharp knife to separate cutting along perforations.
- Serve with additional warm marinara sauce on the side.
I made these for dinner this week and they were fantastic! I thought the leftovers might be soggy and not great, but I think I actually liked them better the second day than the first! I served them with butternut squash soup to round out the meal. Thanks for the recipe.
That sounds wonderful, thanks so much!