These mini Breakfast Egg Muffins are made in a cupcake pan for individual serving size portions. They freeze well and reheat beautifully for busy mornings on the go.
Easy Breakfast Egg Muffins with Bacon Recipe
Busy families need recipes that have ingredients that are easy to find and don’t take tons of special equipment to make. I completely understand, I’m a busy Mom to two teenage boys who are seemingly impossible to fill-up some days. These egg muffins are versatile and making them individual size means that each one could be personalized to suit everyone’s taste, and all baked at the same time. Leave out the bacon for the non-meat eaters at your table, adapt using a different kind of cheese or replace chives and shallots with green onions. The sky’s the limit! How to make simple meal prep Egg Muffins: (Scroll down for full printable recipe.)
- Cupcake Pans – Brush 16 cups of a standard size cupcake pan liberally with melted butter or spray with cooking spray.
- Eggs – Whisk together eggs, cream, Creole seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Cheese – To the eggs add cheese, shallots and chives. Mix well.
- Assemble – Divide egg mixture evenly between muffin cups. Add an even amount of crumbled bacon sprinkled on top of each (About 1/2 Tbsp per cup)
- Bake – Bake in a preheated 350°F oven per the recipe until puffed and golden.
- Let stand 5 minutes in pan then serve.
How to Make Easy Breakfast Egg Muffins Recipe
- What will I need to complete this recipe? While no unique kitchen equipment is needed, you will need a non stick standard size cupcake-muffin pan, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons. a cheese grater and a whisk. You could also bake these in a silicone muffin pan. I don’t recommend using cupcake liners.
- You will need the following ingredients: Large eggs, bacon, shallots (or red onion), butter, chives, Gruyere cheese and Creole or Cajun Seasoning. You may also like to add a small amount of garlic powder.
- Storage Instructions: After the muffins have cooled completely they can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container lined with a paper towel for up to 4 days.
- Can you freeze these muffins? These muffins freeze very well. As soon as they are completely cooled line a freezer safe resealable bag with a paper towel or wax paper and place in a single layer, taking care not to over crowd. They’ll be good for up to 6 months in the freezer. Trust me, they won’t last that long.
- Can you eat these warm or cold? They can be eaten both ways. It’s preferred that they be served warm or hot and fresh from the oven. You can also enjoy these chilled making them great for a packed lunch or take along snack.
- Can I reheat egg muffins in the microwave? Yes you can. Gently reheat the muffins on 50% power in short increments repeating just until heated through.
- What are these breakfast muffins like? They’re very similar to a frittata or an omelet, but in a muffin shape.
- What other fillings could I use? These egg muffins would be great with any of the following filling combinations: Tomatoes, feta cheese crumbles and fresh basil. Fresh chopped baby spinach and your choice of cheese with diced ham. Cream monterey jack cheese and chopped fresh or pickled jalapeno peppers for kick. Pepper jack cheese paired with cooked chorizo sausage or a vegetarian variation using cooked mushrooms and onions. If you like it in an omelet, you’ll love it just the same in these egg muffins.
More Easy Egg Recipes to Make
Eggs are affordable and readily available making them a go-to for quick and easy meal inspiration. Other incredible egg muffins, casseroles and quiche to add to your meal options.
- Open Faced Egg and Canadian Bacon Muffins are a grab-n-go breakfast.
- Ham and Egg Bubble-Up bakes puffed and golden.
- Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Casserole uses crescent rolls as the pastry.
- Loaded Bacon and Egg Hash Brown Muffins are a fan favorite.
- Broccoli Cheddar Bacon Quiche can be enjoyed at any meal.
- Delicious make ahead Egg Salad for sandwiches and between meal snacking.
- You may also enjoy this tutorial from Food Network for how to make Perfect Boiled Eggs.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Breakfast Egg Muffins
- 2 Tbsp salted butter melted
- 18 large eggs
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 1 tsp creole or Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6 oz Gruyere cheese shredded
- 4 small shallots chopped
- 3 Tbsp fresh chives
- 1 lb bacon cooked and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush 16 cups of a standard cupcake pan liberally with melted butter or spray liberally with cooking spray.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl whisk together eggs, cream, Creole seasoning, salt and pepper.
- To the eggs add cheese, shallots and chives. Mix well.
- Divide egg mixture evenly between muffin cups. Add an even amount of crumbled bacon to the tops of each egg cup. (About 1/2 Tbsp per cup)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Let stand 5 minutes in pan then serve.