Mediterranean Penne with Roasted Chicken, Feta and Pine Nuts
Servings: 4 -6 servings
- 12 oz dry penne pasta
- 1 ½ cups half & half
- 4 oz sun dried tomato pesto [I used Classico]
- ½ tsp each garlic powder onion powder, coarse sea salt, red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp Mediterranean seasoning [I used McCormick Perfect Pinch Mediterranean Herb]
- black pepper to taste
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes rinsed
- 1 [13.75 oz] can artichoke hearts chopped
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 oz crumbled feta
- 3 cups chopped roasted chicken
- ½ cup kalamata olives halved
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- ⅓ cup toasted pine nuts
- In a large pot cook the pasta in salted water per the package directions, until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Whip together the half & half, pesto and seasonings. Add to the pasta pot.
- Simmer on low heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the sun dried tomatoes and the artichoke hearts simmering until heated through.
- Add the Parmesan and feta cheese reserving a few feta crumbles for garnishing.
- Add the cooked pasta back to the pot along with the chicken and olives. Stir well to make sure the ingredients are completely coated with the sauce.
- Mix in the chopped basil.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and toasted pine nuts for serving.
- Serve immediately.
To toast the pine nuts, arrange them on a baking sheet and place into a 350°F oven. Roast for 6-7 minutes.