This peanutty Asian Sesame Chicken Pasta dish is a terrific twist on a homestyle pasta dish packed with Asian flair. It’s packed with flavor and texture and can be served as a side dish or as an entrée. Either way, it’s sure to become a family favorite.
Easy Asian Sesame Chicken Pasta Recipe
Pasta is not only inexpensive, it’s tummy filling and versatile. While this recipe is a departure from our usual Southern favorites like Homestyle Macaroni Salad or BLT Macaroni Salad both of which have a mayonnaise based dressing, it’s refreshing none-the-less. It includes all of the familiar Chinese takeout flavors, with the bonus of being equally delicious served warm, at room temperature, or chilled, if you’re so inclined. That fact, makes it a terrific choice for a buffet or casual meal where people serve themselves. How to make simple Asian Sesame Chicken Pasta: (Scroll down for full printable recipe.)
- Make the Marinade – In a shallow dish or large Ziploc bag whisk together prepared Asian Toasted Sesame salad dressing, soy sauce, brown sugar chopped cilantro and garlic. Add chicken turning to coat. Marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Grill Chicken – Heat a gas grill to medium-high. Oil the grill grates. Grill the chicken 5 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the chicken. Cook until the juices run clear. Rest on a platter for 5 minutes then slice into strips.
- Pasta – Cook pasta in salted water per the package instructions until al dente. Drain well.
- Dressing – Whisk together toasted sesame dressing, peanut butter, rice wine vinegar, sesame seeds and red pepper flakes. Add drained pasta mixing to fully coat.
- Mix-ins- To the pasta add chicken, red pepper, green onion, sugar snap peas and cilantro. Stir well. Taste and adjust garlic salt and may add black pepper, to your taste.
- Serve – Serve warm, room temperature or chilled garnished with chopped peanuts and toasted sesame seeds.
How to Make the BEST Asian Sesame Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Asian Sesame Chicken Pasta: Two pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- For the homemade Marinade: Prepared (store bought) Asian Toasted Sesame salad dressing, soy sauce, light brown sugar, chopped cilantro and garlic.
- For the Pasta Salad: One pound cooked fettuccine, Asian Toasted Sesame salad dressing, creamy peanut butter, rice wine vinegar, toasted sesame seeds, crushed red pepper flakes, small red bell pepper, green onions, sugar snap peas, cilantro, garlic salt and black pepper, and chopped peanuts.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Grill or grill pan, measuring cups and spoons, sharp knife and cutting board, large mixing bowl, whisk, shallow dish or large Ziploc bag to marinate the chicken and food processor.
- When looking at the ingredient list, don’t be intimidated as I include a homemade marinade for the chicken. You can opt for using your favorite prepared Asian marinade, if preferred.
- Plan on grilling extra chicken for one meal to transform the leftovers into this pasta dish. When doing so, you’ll be halfway there to enjoying this dish in a snap.
- You can grill the chicken on a gas grill or on a grill pan indoors.
- You can use a different type of pasta, but fettuccine seems to do best. You could also use spaghetti. If you choose to make this using a shorter pasta, slice the chicken pieces accordingly into bite size pieces.
- As with most recipes, you can make this dish with a different variety of bell pepper or substitute snow peas or edamame for the sugar snap peas. The peanutty sauce will complement any of those ingredients beautifully.
- This dish is perfection packed into cardboard takeout containers and taken to the beach, for a picnic or hangout with friends.
- Store prepared Asian Sesame Chicken Pasta chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More Easy Pasta Recipes to Make
- Make this Crockpot Pasta Casserole for busy day meals.
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta is easy enough for a weekday and impressive enough for company.
- Pizza Pasta Salad is terrific for tailgating and picnics.
- Bring the heat to supper with this Cowboy Pasta Salad.
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan Orzo Pasta is a versatile side dish to serve.
- Easy Mediterranean Penne Pasta is made on the stovetop.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad doubles as a side dish or an entree on a busy day.
- Lo Mein recipe from Real Housemoms.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Asian Sesame Chicken Pasta
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup prepared Asian Toasted Sesame salad dressing
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Pasta Ingredients:
- 1 lb fettuccine cooked to al dente
- 1 1/4 cup Asian Toasted Sesame Salad Dressing
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds plus additional for garnishing
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes adjust to taste
- 1 small red bell pepper seeds removed & thinly sliced
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 12 oz sugar snap peas steamed crisp tender
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- garlic salt and black pepper adjust to taste
- 1/4 cup peanuts roughly chopped
- Make the Marinade: In a shallow dish or large Ziploc bag whisk together prepared Asian Toasted Sesame salad dressing, soy sauce, brown sugar chopped cilantro and garlic. Add chicken turning to coat. Marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Grill Chicken: Oil the grates of a gas grill then heat to medium-high. (You can also prepare indoors on a grill pan.)
- Grill the chicken 5 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the chicken. Cook until the juices run clear. Rest on a platter for 5 minutes then slice into strips.
- Pasta: Cook pasta in salted water per the package instructions until al dente. Drain well.
- Dressing: In a large mixing bowl whisk together toasted sesame dressing, peanut butter, rice wine vinegar, sesame seeds and red pepper flakes. Add drained pasta. Mix well.
- To the pasta add chicken, red pepper, green onion, sugar snap peas and cilantro. Stir well. Taste and adjust adding garlic salt and black pepper, to your taste.
- Serve warm, room temperature or chilled garnished with chopped peanuts and toasted sesame seeds.
- Store leftovers chilled.