Asian Sesame Chicken Pasta is an Inexpensive Meal Option
Asian Sesame Chicken Pasta Tips
- When looking at the ingredient list, don't be intimidated as I include a homemade marinade for the chicken. You can opt for using your favorite prepared Asian marinade, if preferred.
- Plan on grilling extra chicken for one meal to transform the leftovers into this pasta dish. When doing so, you'll be halfway there to enjoying this dish in a snap.
- You can use a different pasta but, fettuccine seems to do best. You could also use spaghetti. If you choose to make this using a shorter pasta, slice the chicken pieces accordingly into bite size pieces.
- This dish is perfection packed into cardboard takeout containers and taken to the beach, for a picnic or hangout with friends.
Variations and Substitutions
As with most recipes, you can make this dish with a different type of pepper or substitute snow peas or edamame for the sugar snap peas. The peanutty sauce will complement any of those ingredients beautifully. Another Asian pasta dish you may like to try is this Lo Mein recipe from Real Housemoms.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Asian Sesame Chicken Pasta
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup prepared Asian Toasted Sesame salad dressing
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Pasta Ingredients:
- 1 lb fettuccine cooked to al dente
- 1 ¼ cup Asian Toasted Sesame salad dressing
- ⅔ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds plus additional for garnishing
- 2 teaspoon red pepper flakes adjust to taste
- 1 small red pepper seeds removed & thinly sliced
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 12 oz sugar snap peas steamed crisp tender
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- garlic salt and black pepper may adjust to taste
- ¼ cup peanuts roughly chopped
- Mix together marinade ingredients. Pour over chicken in a one gallon plastic storage bag. Marinate for at least 4 hours or, overnight.
- To prepare the chicken: Heat a gas grill to medium-high. Oil the grill grates.
- Grill the chicken 5 minutes per side depending on the thickness of the chicken. Cook until the juices run clear. Rest on a platter for 5 minutes then slice into strips.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in salted water per the package instructions until al dente. Drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together toasted sesame dressing, peanut butter, rice wine vinegar, sesame seeds and red pepper flakes. Add drained pasta. Mix well.
- To the pasta add chicken, red pepper, green onion, sugar snap peas and cilantro. Stir well. Taste and adjust garlic salt and may add black pepper, to your taste.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts and toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve warm, room temperature or chilled. Store leftovers chilled.