This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hillshire Brands Company. The opinions and text are all mine.
If you’re looking for a budget friendly 20-minute meal that won’t break the bank, look no further. This creamy and delicious Spaghetti Carbonara is a delicious way to use Hillshire Farm® Black Forest Ham in an unexpected way. Spaghetti Carbonara is a classic pasta dish typically made using pancetta, an Italian bacon. In this dish, Hillshire Farm lunchmeat works perfectly. It’s packed with flavor and easy to find. To make it, chopped ham is sautéed in olive oil until crispy, then tossed with al dente spaghetti that’s dressed with a robust Parmigiana Reggiano and egg-based cheese sauce. It’s a pasta dish packed with flavor that will satisfy hungry tummies and keep your grocery budget on track.
I always have lunchmeat in my fridge for school lunches and snacking. It was a natural progression for me to find additional uses for it and that’s how this tasty pasta dish was born. Hillshire Farm lunchmeat is readily available on the lunchmeat wall at my local Walmart and it’s an incredibly affordable substitute for pancetta in this scrumptious Spaghetti Carbonara. As a mom, I’m always looking for budget friendly ingredients to serve to my boys and this Black Forest Ham is made with no artificial flavors or preservatives, nitrates or added nitrates making it a winning choice.
Another perk for picking the ingredients up at my local Walmart is that they now offer Online Grocery Pickup for those busy weeks when it seems I have little time to shop. It’s a lifesaver some weeks for me so, make sure you check your local Walmart to see if Online Grocery Pickup is available near you!
This Spaghetti Carbonara easily serves 6 depending on the appetites of those you’re feeding, of course. Simply add a salad and some bread and dinner is ready in less than 20 minutes. Top it with freshly grated Parmigiana-Reggiano cheese at the table just before serving and your family will feel like they’re dining at an Italian restaurant at home. That’s a combination for mealtime success in my kitchen.
Use this Ibotta coupon to save on Hillshire Farm Lunchmeat Red Lid Varieties 5/20-6/30 at Walmart.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- 1 lb dry spaghetti
- Olive oil
- 1 9-oz package Hillshire Farm® Black Forest Ham, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes or freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated Parmigiana Reggiano cheese plus additional for garnishing
- 2 large eggs plus 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- Reserve 1/2-1 cup pasta water
- Chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Cook the pasta in salted water per the package directions until al dente.
- Meanwhile, drizzle a large skillet with olive oil. Add the chopped ham. Cook over medium-high for 3-5 minutes or until browned and sightly crispy.
- Add garlic, sauté for 1 minute. Add red pepper flakes if using, or black pepper to taste. Remove skillet from heat and set aside.
- Drain pasta, reserve 1 cup water. If skillet has cooled return to stovetop on warm. Add pasta to skillet and mix until coated with oil.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the cheese, eggs and onion powder.
- Quickly mix the cheese mixture into the hot spaghetti and ham. Add hot pasta water in small amounts until sauce is your desired consistency.
- Mix in parsley and serve immediately garnished with additional Parmigiana-Reggiano cheese.