Take the stress out of dinner and make this One Pot Creamy Chicken Parmesan Pasta in no time flat. Add a salad and garlic bread for Italian night at home.
Combine all Ingredients in One Pot for this Mouthwatering Creamy Chicken Parmesan Pasta
You've gotta love any recipe that allows you to cook everything in one pot. There's nothing like easy clean-up after a delicious meal. Afterall, we have other things to take care of, right? I also make one pot spaghetti with meat sauce and one pot chicken fettuccine alfredo embellished with bacon are two other family faves.
- You can use any larger tube shaped pasta that you prefer for this recipe. I recommend using a pasta with ridges to soak in the yummy sauce.
- Chicken thighs will work beautifully in this recipe, too.
- At the end of cooking, you can thin further using additional chicken stock. Likewise, you can thicken using additional tomato paste.
- Add 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes to the pot for additional kick.
Dishes to Serve with Chicken Parmesan Pasta
This one pot chicken pasta could make a meal all on its own. If you'd like side dish inspiration checkout these delicious options:
- Mozzarella Cheese Garlic Bread
- Classic Wedge Salad
- Roasted Panko Parmesan Pasta
- Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Glaze
- Caesar Salad from Natasha's Kitchen
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
One Pot Creamy Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- 1 ½ lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs ¾ inch cubes
- olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp garlic salt divided
- ½ tsp black pepper or red pepper flakes
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 16 oz box shortcut pasta with ridges i.e. rigatoni or ziti
- 1 24 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can Italian seasoned tomato paste
- 1 32 oz container chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp dry Italian seasoning
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese (freshly grated) divided
- 4 oz chive and onion cream cheese softened
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
- In a large heavy bottomed pot or dutch oven, heat a couple of drizzles of olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add chicken pieces. Cook just until lightly browned, the chicken doesn't have to be cooked through. Season with ½ tsp garlic salt. Remove to a platter using a slotted spoon.
- To the pot add more oil, if needed. Add onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes over medium-high, just until beginning to brown. Add garlic, cook for one minute longer.
- To the pot add chicken, pasta, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, stock, 1 tsp garlic salt, pepper and ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese. Mix well. Bring to a boil, then lower to medium-low (strong simmer) and simmer covered for 15-20 minutes or just until pasta is al dente.
- Uncover, add ½ cup shredded mozzarella plus chive and onion cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is completely melted and mozzarella is fully combined.
- Sprinkle top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan, turn off the heat. Let stand uncovered until melted.
- Serve immediately garnished with fresh parsley.