The ease of making Microwave Peanut Brittle can only be topped by how good it is to eat. Crisp and buttery with a bit of chewy in between it has that sweet and salty vibe that's irresistible. Make it in your microwave and you can enjoy delectable peanut brittle anytime of year.
Peanut Brittle is a Taste of Nostalgia
Microwave Peanut Brittle
Helpful Tips for Making Peanut Brittle
- The times I use in this recipe are based on a 1000 watt microwave and should be adjusted based on the wattage of your own microwave. If you have 10 minutes to spare, it's a small price to pay to make your own addictive microwave peanut brittle at home.
- All containers aren't created equal. You should only use a microwave safe bowl for this recipe. Plastic isn’t a good choice, in particular for recipes like this one that involve melting and cooking ingredients together. Always take a moment to check the bottom of the container you use, regarding safe practices and each manufacturer’s recommendation for use. I used a microwave safe glass bowl.
- Regardless, handle carefully the mixture will be hot between steps.
- If you're a lover of all things peanut, you may also enjoy these Candied Peanuts from Recipe Tin Eats, too.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Microwave Peanut Brittle
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 Tbsp butter cubed
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Instructions for 1000 watt microwave. Lightly grease a standard baking sheet, or cover with parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat.
- In a large microwave safe bowl stir together the sugar, corn syrup and salt. Microwave on high for 4 minutes or until bubbly and the sugar dissolves. Stop and stir at 2 minutes.
- After cooking for 4 minutes, add the peanuts. Stir until coated.
- Return to the microwave cooking for an additional 3 minutes stopping to stir halfway..
- After cooking the peanuts in the syrup for 3 minutes total add the cubed butter. Stir and return to the microwave. Cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave. While stirring, add the vanilla and baking soda. The mixture will foam continue to stir until it does down slightly.
- Quickly pour onto the prepared pan or silicon mat and spread to approximately ¼-inch thickness. You may use an offset spatula spritzed lightly with cooking spray.
- Allow to cool completely then break into desired size pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.