This easy Microwave Peanut Brittle recipe is one you'll make over and over again. The easy preparation can only be topped by how good it is to eat. Crisp and buttery with a bit of chewy in between it has that sweet and salty vibe that's irresistible. Make it in your microwave and you can enjoy delectable peanut brittle anytime of year.
Homemade Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipe
How to Make Microwave Peanut Brittle
Helpful Tips for Making Easy Microwave Peanut Brittle
If you have 10 minutes to spare, it's a small price to pay to make your own homemade no-fail microwave peanut brittle at home.
- Please note: The times I use in this recipe are based on a 1000 watt microwave and should be adjusted based on the wattage of your own microwave at home.
- Can I use honey in place of corn syrup? There are peanut brittle recipes that call for honey however I recommend that you don't adapt this recipe and use corn syrup for the best end result.
- This recipe doesn't use a thermometer like classic peanut brittle.
- Can I use table salt in place of sea salt? Yes, you can. When doing so decrease the amount to ¼ teaspoon.
- All containers aren't created equal. You should only use a microwave safe bowl for this recipe that can withstand the heat. Plastic isn’t a good choice, in particular for recipes like this one that involve heating, melting and cooking ingredients together. Always take a moment to check the bottom of the container you use, regarding safe practices and each manufacturer’s recommendation for use. I used a microwave safe glass bowl.
- The mixture will be hot, so handle the bowl carefully between steps. Use oven mitts if necessary to protect your hands as you work.
- If you're a lover of all things peanuts, you may also enjoy these Candied Peanuts from Recipe Tin Eats.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Microwave Peanut Brittle
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon butter cubed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Instructions for 1000 watt microwave. Lightly grease a standard baking sheet, or cover with parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat.
- In a large microwave safe bowl stir together the sugar, corn syrup and salt. Microwave on high for 4 minutes or until bubbly and the sugar dissolves. Stop and stir at 2 minutes, halfway through cooking.
- After cooking for 4 minutes total, add the peanuts. Stir until coated.
- Return to the microwave cooking for an additional 3 minutes stopping to stir halfway.
- After cooking the peanuts in the syrup for 3 minutes, add cubed butter. Stir and return to the microwave, cooking for 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave. While stirring, add the vanilla and baking soda. The mixture will foam continue to stir until it does down slightly.
- Quickly pour onto the prepared pan or silicon mat and spread to approximately ¼-inch thickness. You may use an offset spatula spritzed lightly with cooking spray.
- Allow to cool completely then break into desired size pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. (Makes about 1 ½ lbs)