The ease of making Microwave Peanut Brittle can only be topped by how good it is to eat. Crisp and buttery with a bit of chewy in between it has that sweet and salty vibe that's irresistible. Make it in your microwave and you can enjoy delectable peanut brittle anytime of year.
A Taste of Nostalgia
Microwave Peanut Brittle
- The times I use in this recipe are based on a 1000 watt microwave and should be adjusted based on the wattage of your own microwave. If you have 10 minutes to spare, it's a small price to pay to make your own addictive microwave peanut brittle at home.
- All containers aren't created equal. You should only use a microwave safe bowl for this recipe. Plastic isn’t a good choice, in particular for recipes like this one that involve melting and cooking ingredients together. Always take a moment to check the bottom of the container you use, regarding safe practices and each manufacturer’s recommendation for use. I used a microwave safe glass bowl.
- Regardless, handle carefully the mixture will be hot between steps.
- If you're a lover of all things peanut, you may also enjoy these Candied Peanuts from Recipe Tin Eats, too.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Microwave Peanut Brittle
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 ½ cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 Tbsp butter cubed
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Instructions for 1000 watt microwave. Lightly grease a standard baking sheet, or cover with parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat.
- In a large microwave safe bowl stir together the sugar, corn syrup and salt. Microwave on high for 4 minutes or until bubbly and the sugar dissolves. Stop and stir at 2 minutes.
- After cooking for 4 minutes, add the peanuts. Stir until coated.
- Return to the microwave cooking for an additional 3 minutes stopping to stir halfway..
- After cooking the peanuts in the syrup for 3 minutes total add the cubed butter. Stir and return to the microwave. Cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave. While stirring, add the vanilla and baking soda. The mixture will foam continue to stir until it does down slightly.
- Quickly pour onto the prepared pan or silicon mat and spread to approximately ¼-inch thickness. You may use an offset spatula spritzed lightly with cooking spray.
- Allow to cool completely then break into desired size pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.