This Easy S’mores Candy Bark is the epitome of simple-to-make sweets. They’re made with a golden grahams base, that’s topped with mini marshmallows and then smothered with milk chocolate. This easy candy bark features that sweet and salty vibe that’s universally appealing.
Easy S’mores Candy Bark Recipe
S’mores appeal to kids of all ages. While I love making them by a campfire the most, these s’mores require no campfire at all, and still hit all of the same flavor points. It’s so fun to be creative with classic flavors we’ve all come to love, and find other ways to make them. S’mores fudge, mini peanut butter s’mores pies and no-bake s’mores bars are a few other s’mores inspired goodies you’ll find the recipes for in the MSSK recipe index to enjoy.
How to Make the BEST S’mores Candy Bark Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade S’mores Candy Bark: Golden Grahams cereal, mini marshmallow, milk chocolate chips and vegetable shortening.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: Large sheet pan lined with wax paper or a silicone baking mat, measuring cups, double boiler or heat safe bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- A large silicone mat is ideal for making this candy bark. It doesn’t stick and makes it easy to move the candy bark around.
- When spreading the cereal, do your best to spread it evenly so that the chocolate will be able to reach all of the ingredients.
- I use milk chocolate for this recipe, but you can use semi-sweet or dark chocolate, if that’s your preference.
- When drizzling the chocolate, do your best to cover most of the ingredients then take an offset spatula or spoon to gently spread it a bit more. Every single piece of cereal won’t be covered, that’s part of what makes the flavor of this candy bark so delicious.
- The chocolate serves as the edible glue for this dessert. It’s not unusual to a lose a few pieces of cereal in the process. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
- Store this S’mores Candy Bark at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Setting Up a Classic S’mores Bar for Entertaining
When you have time to go the classic campfire route, a s’mores making party is a super fun event to host. Here’s what I do:
- First, the fire. Whether you use gas or an old fashioned log built fire, make sure the sticks are long enough for guests to keep a safe distance from the flame. Safety first.
- Provide a variety of classic graham crackers, chocolate grahams crackers and large cookies for everyone to build their own creation.
- While plain chocolate bars are the gold standard, don’t shy away from using Reese’s cups, cookies and cream candy bars, peppermint patties and white chocolate bars for a twist. Hot fudge and warm caramel also work well.
- Marshmallows come in a variety of shapes and flavors. Classic marshmallows are a must, but, you can also mix things up by adding an additional flavor, shape or size.
- Provide plates, napkins and utensils fitting for the age group of the guests you’re hosting. Spoons for little ones are easier to handle.
- Have drinks on ice in a cooler nearby and don’t forget the bottle opener. Attach it to the side for easy access. Alternately, if the weather is chilly, offer one hot drink such as cocoa and keep it warm in crock pots with ladles for serving.
- Fresh fruit, such as sliced strawberries, make a stunning addition to s’mores. Encourage your guests to get creative and have fun combining flavors.
- You can find more ideas for setting up a s’mores bar here on Hershey’s.
More Easy Candy Recipes to Make
- Chocolate Drizzled Caramel Cashew Clusters are simple and delicious!
- Candy Coated Strawberry Carrots can be used to garnish spring cupcakes and cakes or served on their own.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ritz Crackers have that sweet and salty vibe that makes them irresistible.
- Toffee Peanut Clusters are sure to satisfy your sweets craving in no time flat.
- Southern Divinity Candy is soft and fluffy with pecan pieces for crunch.
- Candy Corn Cookie Truffles are a fun fall treat to make.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
S’mores Candy Bark
- 2 11.5 oz packages milk chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp solid vegetable shortening
- 5 cups Golden Grahams Cereal divided
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- Place a heat proof bowl over 1 inch simmering water or use a double boiler. Pour chocolate chips into the bowl, add shortening. Melt, stirring occasionally until completely smooth.( Alternatively, melt chocolate and shortening together in a microwave safe bowl, using the melt function on your microwave. Stir until smooth.)
- Meanwhile, line a large baking sheet with waxed paper or a silicone baking mat. Spread 4 1/2 cups cereal and marshmallows on pan. Crush remaining 1/2 cup cereal and set aside.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over cereal and marshmallows. Spread using an offset spatula until evenly distributed. Sprinkle with crushed cereal.
- Chill for 1-2 hours. Break apart and enjoy.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.