Sweet and Salty Crock Pot Candy is a holiday tradition at our house. This family favorite version is laced with buttery toffee bits and crispy pretzels giving it an amazing sweet and salty twist. It’s as simple a popping everything into the crock pot and let it do the work. After it sets, I like to package in goodie bags and share with friends and neighbors during the holidays.
Through the years of making these candy clusters, I’ve experimented with many different mix-ins just for fun and to keep things interesting. If you choose to use liners, I recommend that you put them into muffin tins to help the candy keep it’s shape as it sets-up. The liners will easily peel off and leave the imprint much like a Reese’s cup. The toffee bits and broken pretzels mixed into the melted chocolate gives these candy clusters an irresistible twist. It’s a spectacular way to update a classic.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Sweet and Salty Crock Pot Candy
- 1 16 oz dry roasted peanuts
- 1 10 oz lightly salted peanuts
- 2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 4 oz German chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 24 oz chocolate flavored almond bark, roughly chopped
- 1 24 oz vanilla flavored almond bark, roughly chopped
- 1 cup toffee bits divided
- 1 cup broken pretzel sticks
- In an oval 6 quart slow cooker, layer the ingredients in the order given. (Peanuts, chocolate chips, German chocolate, chocolate almond bar, vanilla almond bar)
- Reserve the toffee bits and pretzels to mix-in at the end.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours OR until melted. (Check it at 2 hours}
- Uncover and stir well. Add 2/3 cup toffee bits and 1 cup broken pretzel pieces.
- Use a 2 oz ice cream scoop or 2 Tbsp to drop into festive cupcake liners or onto wax paper.
- Sprinkle the tops with the remaining toffee bits. Cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.