There are few cool weather one-pot wonders more comforting than this One Pot Chicken Noodle Soup. Designed for busy lifestyles, it starts with fresh lightly sauteed vegetables and a special blend of seasonings. Add a heaping helping of chopped rotisserie chicken, quality prepared chicken stock and wide egg noodles then let it all simmer together just until the egg noodles are tender. Grab a ladle and it’s ready to serve piping hot with a side of garlic bread or homemade honey yeast rolls. It’s packs simple flavors but, when combined each bite tastes like manna from heaven.
When the days become shorter and bundling up is the fashion trend once again, soup moves to the front burner of my stovetop, so to speak. Soups like homestyle vegetable beef and creamy broccoli cheddar just hit the proverbial spot. For this soup, I shorten the preparation a bit by using a rotisserie chicken from my local Costco and a quality prepared chicken stock for the broth. You can certainly use a homemade stock if you prefer to make your own.
To make things go even quicker, take a moment the day before to chop the vegetables and have them sealed in a storage bag in the fridge ready to pop straight into the stock pot when you’re ready to cook. A few simple steps done in advance can be so calming after a busy day. Our bustling lives can be hectic and stressful at times but, meals like this one pot chicken noodle soup are a calm reminder that dinner doesn’t have to be.
You may also like: 18 Crockpot Soups To Warm You Up, Creamy Turkey Noodle Soup, Crock Pot Creamy Buffalo Chicken Soup, Mexican Noodle Soup, Pressure Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup and Miso Noodle Soup with Meatballs.
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cups rotisserie chicken roughly chopped
- 3 medium bay leaves
- 2 tsp chopped fresh tarragon, divided
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- ½ tsp poultry seasoning
- 3 (32-oz) low sodium chicken broth
- 4 heaping cups extra wide egg noodles (About ⅔ of a 12 oz bag)
- In a large soup pot melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the carrot, celery and onion. Cook until softened about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken, bay leaves, 1 tsp tarragon, garlic salt, lemon pepper and poultry seasoning.
- Add the broth and egg noodles. Increase the temperature to high and bring to a boil.
- Immediately lower the heat to medium and cover. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the noodles are al dente. .
- Remove from the heat and mix in the remaining 1 tsp tarragon.
- Serve immediately.