Chicken and Broccoli Noodle Casserole
Other Chicken Noodle Casserole Recipes to Try
Pasta in any and every form is not only cost effective but, filling for the family. We love a chicken cordon bleu noodle casserole as well as a baked chicken rigatoni and ham and noodle gratin inspired by a trip to Disney's Epcot Food Festival. Add a salad and some fresh baked bread and you'll have dinner on the table in no time. You may also like to checkout this recipe for Southwest Crockpot Noodle Casserole from Lauren's Latest.
Chicken And Broccoli Noodle Casserole
- 1 12 oz medium egg noodles cooked to al dente
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 rib celery chopped
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups roasted chicken chopped
- 1 12 oz broccoli florets lightly steamed
- 1 10 ¾ oz can cream of celery
- 1 10 ¾ oz can cream of broccoli soup
- 1 ⅓ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 4 oz jar chopped pimentos drained
- 3 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 ½ cups shredded Swiss cheese divided
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- Cracker topping:
- 1 cup Swiss or Parmesan flavored crackers crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the egg noodles per the package instructions until al dente. Drain well.
- In a large skillet, saute the chopped onion and celery in butter until translucent. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste.
- To a large mixing bowl, add noodles, chicken, broccoli, sauteed vegetables, soup, broth, mayonnaise, pimentos, Dijon, garlic salt, lemon pepper and herbes de provence.. Mix well.
- Add, 2 cups Swiss cheese and grated Parmesan cheese. Mix until fully combined then pour into the baking dish.
- Top with the remaining ½ cup of shredded cheese.
- In a small mixing bowl, toss the crushed crackers with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Sprinkle evenly on top. Dust with paprika, if desired.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the topping is golden and the casserole is bubbly.
- Serve immediately.