This cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Noodle Casserole is a hearty dish that turns pantry items into a weekday feast the family will love. Serve it as a one-dish meal or with a side salad and garlic bread to round out the meal.
Chicken and Broccoli Noodle Casserole
This chicken and broccoli noodle casserole is another one of my favorite "go to" pantry casseroles. Don't be intimidated by the ingredient list, most of the items you probably already have on hand. It's one of my favorite one dish meal choices. One dish meals like a chicken and sausage cassoulet and nacho beef rotini skillet are especially convenient during the week when the evenings are so rushed after work, school and sports activities. You can make this dish ahead of time and place it in the refrigerator until you're ready to bake. Top with the cracker crumbs just before baking for a real time saver. Serve this chicken And broccoli noodle casserole with a fresh salad and bread and it's a meal fit for company.
Other Chicken Noodle Casserole Recipes to Try
Pasta in any and every form is not only cost effective but, filling for the family. We love a chicken cordon bleu noodle casserole as well as a baked chicken rigatoni and ham and noodle gratin inspired by a trip to Disney's Epcot Food Festival. Add a salad and some fresh baked bread and you'll have dinner on the table in no time. You may also like to checkout this recipe for Southwest Crockpot Noodle Casserole from Lauren's Latest.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chicken And Broccoli Noodle Casserole
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 12 oz medium egg noodles cooked to al dente
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 rib celery chopped
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups roasted chicken chopped
- 1 12 oz broccoli florets lightly steamed
- 1 10 ¾ oz can cream of celery
- 1 10 ¾ oz can cream of broccoli soup
- 1 ⅓ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 4 oz jar chopped pimentos drained
- 3 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 ½ cups shredded Swiss cheese divided
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- Cracker topping:
- 1 cup Swiss or Parmesan flavored crackers crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the egg noodles per the package instructions until al dente. Drain well.
- In a large skillet, saute the chopped onion and celery in butter until translucent. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste.
- To a large mixing bowl, add noodles, chicken, broccoli, sauteed vegetables, soup, broth, mayonnaise, pimentos, Dijon, garlic salt, lemon pepper and herbes de provence.. Mix well.
- Add, 2 cups Swiss cheese and grated Parmesan cheese. Mix until fully combined then pour into the baking dish.
- Top with the remaining ½ cup of shredded cheese.
- In a small mixing bowl, toss the crushed crackers with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Sprinkle evenly on top. Dust with paprika, if desired.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the topping is golden and the casserole is bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
You may use dry Italian seasoning in place of the herbes de provence, if desired.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 613kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 1451mg | Potassium: 245mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 621IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 372mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @melissassk or tag #melissassk!
Leave a Reply