Swiss Chicken And Broccoli Noodle Casserole – This Swiss chicken and broccoli noodle casserole is another one of my favorite “go to” pantry casseroles. Don’t be intimidated by the ingredient list, most of the items you probably already have on hand.
Swiss Chicken And Broccoli Noodle Casserole
- 4-5 cups cooked medium egg noodles
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 can [10 3/4 oz] can cream of celery
- 1 can [10 3/4 oz] cream of broccoli soup
- 1 1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 jar [4 oz] chopped pimentos drained
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cups roasted chicken chopped
- 2 cups steamed broccoli florets
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Cracker topping:
- 1 cup Swiss or Parmesan flavored crackers crushed
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the egg noodles per the instructions on the package until al dente. Drain well.
- In a large skillet, saute the chopped onion and celery in 4 Tbsp of butter until translucent. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste. Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Pour the sauteed vegetables into a large mixing bowl.
- Add both soups, chicken broth, mayonnaise, Dijon, drained pimentos, lemon juice and seasonings.
- Add the cooked egg noddles, chopped chicken and the steamed broccoli florets.
- Add, 2 cups of shredded Swiss cheese and all of the grated Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Pour into the baking dish and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded Swiss cheese.
- In a small mixing bowl, toss the crushed crackers with 1 Tbsp of melted butter and sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the topping is golden and the casserole is bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
Hi, thanks for stopping by to visit my website My name is Melissa, I’m a busy Mom, author, recipe developer, photographer, food writer and blogger. I’m passionate about creating delicious dishes to share with family and friends!