Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies – Candy bar cookies have a unique chewy texture. The chunks of candy melt into the cookie dough and as it cools it forms a chewy nougat in the cookie. The smell of fresh cookies baking in the oven signals the feeling of homespun comfort no matter what language you speak. Words just aren’t necessary.
I love using this batter recipe and mixing in the candy of choice to personalize it. Candy bar mixed-ins make for a spectacular treat. The cubed Peanut Butter Snickers melt into the batter making these cookies chewy and decadent. Throw in a few extra peanuts, and it’s warm, fresh from the oven love!
Ingredients you’ll need:
1 cup [2 sticks] softened butter
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla
2 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 [12 oz] pkg fun size peanut butter snickers, cubed
1/2 cup sea salted cocktail peanuts, roughly chopped
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the softened butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla. Cream for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- 1 cup [2 sticks] softened butter
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 [12 oz] pkg fun size peanut butter snickers, cubed
- ½ cup sea salted cocktail peanuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the softened butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla. Cream for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the creamed ingredients slowly. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl as needed so that all of the ingredients will fully incorporate. Continue until all of the flour has been added. Mix in the cubed peanut butter snickers bars and chopped peanuts by hand.
- Use a Tbsp or a 2 oz ice cream scoop to divide the dough into equal portions. Place onto a parchment lined baking sheet 3 inches apart.
- Bake in batches rotating halfway through baking for 15-17 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on the pan for 5 minutes then cool completely on a baking rack.