Caramel Snickers Candy Bar Pie – This no bake candy bar pie is for those moments you need a sweet fix with little fuss. I purposely kept the filling simple and the candy bar topping adds just the right mount of texture. Candy bar pies seem to always satisfy the sweet tooth of my dessert eaters and the variations are endless depending on your favorite candy bar.
I start this pie with a prepared graham cracker crust which cuts the prep time down to a minimum. While it’s no secret I love to cook, there are always those moments when time overtakes the best of plans and intentions in my kitchen as well. The filling gets it’s sweet caramel flavor from dulce de leche. Dulce de leche is a luscious thick caramel made as a result of caramelizing sweetened condensed milk. It’s available in most grocery stores in the Hispanic foods section in a small can that looks like sweetened condensed milk. After whipping up the luscious caramel filling, the only thing left to do is the chilling. And the eating, of course.
Caramel Snickers Candy Bar Pie
- 1 9 oz premade graham cracker or chocolate cookie crust
- 1 14 oz can dulce de leche
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 16 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 11 oz bag snack size Snickers bars, unwrapped and cubed
- ¼ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- ¼ cup salted caramel peanuts roughly chopped
- Using a hand mixer, whip together the dulce de leche and cream cheese for 1-2 minutes until combined.
- Fold in ½ of the thawed whipped topping and ½ of the cubed Snickers bars. Spread into the premade graham cracker pie crust. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, frost with the remaining whipped cream. Arrange the cubed Snickers bar pieces on top.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt together the chocolate and heavy cream. Heat in 20 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until smooth. Allow to cool slightly then drizzle on top of the candy bar pieces.
- Sprinkle with chopped salted caramel peanuts and serve.