Pimento Cheese Beer Bread is a fusion of pimento cheese and bread all rolled into one glorious bite. Pimento cheese spread has been a staple in many Southern kitchens for ages. I love it, it was served as standard fare at every party my Mom hosted. It was highly likely you would find a tub of pimento cheese in the fridge at any given moment for quick sandwiches or just plain snacking. I confess I am as fanatical about pimento cheese as I am banana pudding. It's Southern caviar at it's finest.
Pimento Cheese Beer Bread
Slathered on celery, bread, or scooped-up with pretzels or veggies, there's just no wrong way to serve Southern pimento cheese in my world. I was inspired to combine our beloved pimento cheese spread with a simple-to-make loaf of beer bread, and the result was amazing. Enjoy it warm right out of the oven with a little butter, as a side with and a bowl of soup, or as the perfect choice for a kicked-up panini or grilled cheese sandwich. Scrumptious.
Other Pimento Cheese Delights to Try
Pimento cheese, a.k.a. Southern pate, has many uses and variations. I admit, I'm always trying to come up with even more ways to eat it. Some other recipes you'll find here in the MSSK recipe index are:
- Fully Loaded Hot Pimento Cheese Dip
- Pimento Cheese BLT Wrap
- Creamy Three Cheese Pimento Cheese
- Spanish Olive Pimiento Cheese Spread
- Peppered Herb Pimiento Cheese Ball
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pimento Cheese Beer Bread
- 3 cup self-rising flour
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese plus 1 Tbsp
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne optional
- 2 ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 4 oz jar diced pimento drained well
- 1 12 oz bottle light beer
- 4 Tbsp butter melted and divided
- Butter a 9 x 5 x 4 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium size mixing bowl sift together the flour, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, mustard powder, paprika and cayenne.
- Add 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese and diced pimento reserving around ½ cup of cheese for the top. Toss together using a fork until combined and the cheese and pimento are evenly distributed.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add half of the melted butter.
- Add the beer in thirds. Work the beer into the flour as you go.
- Spread the batter evenly into the loaf pan. Cover and allow to rest in a warm, draft free place to proof for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour uncover and brush the remaining melted butter on top. Sprinkle with ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese and 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake for 35- 45 minutes until golden. Check the center with a cake tester looking for moist crumbs.
- Cool, then slice into pieces with a serrated knife.