Pimento Cheese Beer Bread is a fusion of pimento cheese and bread all rolled into one glorious bite. Pimento cheese spread has been a staple in many Southern kitchens for ages. I love it, it was served as standard fare at every party my Mom hosted. It was highly likely you would find a tub of pimento cheese in the fridge at any given moment for quick sandwiches or just plain snacking. I confess I am as fanatical about pimento cheese as I am banana pudding. It’s Southern caviar at it’s finest.
Slathered on celery, bread, or scooped out with pretzels or veggies, there’s just no wrong way to serve it in my opinion. I was inspired to combine our beloved pimento cheese spread with a simple-to-make loaf of beer bread, and the result was amazing. Enjoy it warm right out of the oven with a little butter, as a side with and a bowl of soup, or as the perfect choice for a kicked-up panini or grilled cheese sandwich. Scrumptious.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pimento Cheese Beer Bread
- 3 cup self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese plus 1 Tbsp
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne [optional]
- 2 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- 4 oz diced pimento drained well
- 1  oz bottle light beer
- 4 Tbsp butter melted and divided
- Butter a 9 x 5 x 4 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium size mixing bowl sift together the flour, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, mustard powder, paprika and cayenne.
- Add 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese and diced pimento reserving around 1/2 cup of cheese for the top. Toss together using a fork until combined and the cheese and pimento are evenly distributed.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add half of the melted butter.
- Add the beer in thirds. Work the beer into the flour as you go.
- Spread the batter evenly into the loaf pan. Cover and allow to rest in a warm, draft free place to proof for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour uncover and brush the remaining melted butter on top. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese and 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake for 35- 45 minutes until golden. Check the center with a cake tester looking for moist crumbs.
- Cool, then slice into pieces with a serrated knife.