This simple pull apart Italian Herb Beer Bread is a terrific option for a change from sour dough bread. The texture is more dense and the flavor can be customized to your taste, depending on the intensity in flavor of the beer that's used.
Italian Herb Beer Bread
The smell of homemade bread baking is one of the small pleasures in life that's often overlooked. Warm fresh from the oven bread slathered with butter is an indulgence that just never gets old. When baking this beer bread expect the top to have a nice little crunch but, it does soften just a bit as it rests. Serve this pull-apart bread with butter, or as an appetizer with a cheese fondue or pizza sauce for dipping.
Helpful Tips for Choosing the Right Beer
- To achieve a deep flavor and color use a medium body or dark beer. For a lighter taste and flavor use a light beer. Light beer is my personal preference for this particular version of Italian beer bread.
- Beer bread doesn't have to have rise time by nature and can be baked immediately, but, allowing the bread time to proof will allow the leavening provided by the beer to lend a lighter texture.
- To substitute all-purpose flour for self-rising flour: Sift together 3 cup all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder and 1 ½ teaspoon salt then proceed with the recipe as written.
Other Bread Recipes to Make
When you're in the mood to bake, look no further. Here are some delicious options to try from the MSSK recipe index.
- Pimento Cheese Beer Bread
- Dutch Oven White Artisan Bread
- Sunflower Oat Wheat Bread
- Challah Bread from The Lemon Bowl
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Italian Herb Beer Bread
- 3 cup self-rising flour [see cook's note]
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese plus 2 Tbsp
- 2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning divided
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 12 oz can or bottle of light beer
- 4 tablespoon melted butter divided
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- In a medium mixing bowl, using a whisk, sift together the flour, sugar, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, 1 ½ teaspoon dry Italian seasoning, onion and garlic powder.
- Make a well in the center, and add 2 tablespoon melted butter and the beer in thirds, working each portion into the flour as you go.
- Butter a 10-inch deep dish non-stick pan or spritz with cooking spray.
- Use a 2 oz ice cream scoop and divide into equal potions placing side by side. Allow to rest covered in a draft free place for 1 hour.
- To bake: Preheat oven to 350°F After 1 hour rise time mix together remaining 2 tablespoon melted butter, ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Drizzle evenly over bread. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until top is golden. Serve immediately.