Salty and sweet are at opposite ends of the flavor spectrum yet, they marry beautifully in this Pretzel Avalanche Fudge. A simple combination of melted chocolate, soft mini marshmallows and twisted pretzels transform into a delightful fusion of flavors that will satisfy sweet and salty fans alike.
Pretzel Avalanche Fudge
This yummy recipe is from Mary Younkin’s newest cookbook entitled The Weeknight Dessert Cookbook. Mary and I have been friends for some time, since we both started on our online food journey. Mary is the creator of Barefeet In The Kitchen and you may have seen some of her recipes shared on my Facebook Brand page, as well. It’s not often that I have the opportunity to feature other cooks on my website but, I was delighted when she asked me to review her latest cookbook. This book is filled with simple sweet sensations that can be put together in a snap any night of the week.
Cookies and Cakes and Fudge Oh My
This book offers ample opportunity to get the entire family involved, and many of the recipes are kid-friendly, too. I love that she uses ingredients that are readily available in most grocery stores. This book is filled from cover to cover with made-from-scratch desserts that can be put together with just 5-15 minutes of prep time. In it, you’ll find cakes, cookies, homemade puddings, fruit crisps, easy ice cream and more. She’s included an entire section of no-bake sweets and that’s where I found the recipe for this pretzel avalanche fudge that I chose to share with you. It’s a delightfully simple fudge that doesn’t require a candy thermometer, giving it universal appeal.
Pick-up your copy of The Weeknight Dessert Cookbook here on Amazon (Affiliate)
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pretzel Avalanche Fudge
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups mini pretzel twists plus 25 for the top
- Line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper leaving enough overhang to lift from pan. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt together chocolate, condensed milk and butter using the melt function or on 50% power. Melt for 90 seconds, then stir. Repeat in 15 second increments until smooth stopping to stir each time.
- Add the vanilla, marshmallows and pretzels. Mix until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Spread into pan using an offset spatula or knife. Immediately press 25 additional pretzels on top.
- Chill for 4 hours. Lift from pan using parchment and use a sharp knife to cut into 25 even pieces.
- Store chilled in an airtight container.