This no-bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Refrigerator Cake features layers of peanut butter stuffed Oreo cookies and a fluffy peanut butter filling. The top is sprinkled with crushed Butterfinger candy bar pieces for a little extra crunch. Cut it into wedges and serve as is or, with a dollop of whipped cream for a spectacular treat.
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Refrigerator Cake
No fuss desserts like this chocolate peanut butter refrigerator cake are quick, easy and magically delicious. Perhaps it's the ease of preparation that makes them taste even better. It's perfect for so many reasons not the least of which is the fact it actually needs to be made in advance so it has time to set-up to perfection.
Refrigerator Cake Making Tips
Refrigerator cakes have many faces. Some are made in a 13 x 9-inch dish using crushed cookie crumbs as the "cake" or sometimes they're square.
- This particular chocolate peanut butter version I love to make using a round 8-inch springform pan. To serve, it's cut into wedges like a pie making it ideal for smaller gatherings.
- Peanut butter filled Oreo cookies form the "cake" layer.
- Allow ample time for the cake to chill and set before attempting to cut into pieces. It's perfect for make-ahead preparation.
- Refrigerator cakes are often considered warm weather desserts but, in my kitchen they're truly a year-round confection.
- Easy and delicious this can be adapted and made in a 9 x 9 inch square pan or doubled and made in a 9 x 13-inch dish for a larger gathering or potluck party.
- A dollop of whipped cream is a nice touch but, completely optional.
Make it and share it, without turning on the oven, it doesn't get any better than that.
Other No-Bake Sweet Treats to Try
Always a fan favorite is my Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Lasagna making it completely acceptable to have lasagna for dessert. Another option is my No Bake Fluffy Cherry Cheesecake or Tropical Cheesecake Dip. You may also enjoy this recipe for Red, White and Blue Cheesecake Salad from The Slow Roasted Italian.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Refrigerator Cake
- 1 10 oz package peanut butter baking chips
- 3 cups heavy cream divided
- 1 15.25 oz package Oreo Peanut Butter Cream
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1 7 oz container marshmallow fluff
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 full size Butterfinger candy bars crushed
- In a microwave safe bowl melt together the peanut butter chips with ½ cup cream. Melt in 20 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until completely smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium size mixing bowl using an electric mixer whip together 2 ½ cups cream, cream cheese, marshmallow fluff and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until combined and beginning to thicken to soft peaks. Lower the speed of the mixer and whip in the melted peanut butter chips. Continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble: Arrange ½ of the cookies side by side on the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan. There will be gaps.
- Spread ½ of the filling evenly over the cookies. Sprinkle with ½ of the crushed Butterfinger candy. Repeat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove outer ring, slice into wedges using a sharp knife.
- Store leftovers chilled.