No fuss desserts like this No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Refrigerator Cake are quick, easy and magically delicious. Perhaps it’s the ease of preparation that makes them taste even better. This refrigerator cake has layers of peanut butter stuffed Oreo cookies and a fluffy peanut butter filling with crushed Butterfinger candy bar pieces for a little extra crunch. It’s perfect for so many reasons not the least of which is the fact it actually needs to be made in advance so it has time to set-up to perfection. Cut it into wedges and serve just as is or with a dollop of whipped cream. It’s spectacular.
Refrigerator cakes have many faces. Some are made in a 9 x 13-inch dish using crushed cookie crumbs as the “cake”or sometimes they’re square. This particular chocolate peanut butter version I love to make using a round springform pan. It cuts into wedges like a pie and is perfect when you have a smaller group of people to serve. Leftover dessert can be such a temptation, I actually love having something smaller for an intimate occasion with friends. That’s why I started making this particular refrigerator cake using peanut butter filled Oreo cookies to form the “cake” layer. Refrigerator cakes are often considered warm weather desserts but, in my kitchen they’re truly a year-round confection.
Easy and delicious this make-ahead delight is versatile and can be adapted and made in a square pan or doubled and made in a 9 x 13-inch dish for a larger gathering or potluck party. A dollop of whipped cream is a nice touch but, completely optional. Make it and share it, without turning on the oven, it doesn’t get any better than that.
You may also like: Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Lasagna, No Bake Fluffy Cherry Cheesecake, Tropical Cheesecake Dip, Funfetti Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Box Cake, No Bake Pink Lemonade Pie, Red, White and Blue Cheesecake Salad.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Refrigerator Cake
- 1 10-oz package peanut butter baking chips
- 3 cups heavy cream divided
- 1 15.25-oz package Oreo Peanut Butter Cream
- 1 8-oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 7-oz marshmallow fluff
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 full size Butterfinger candy bars crushed
- In a microwave safe bowl melt together the peanut butter chips with 1/2 cup cream. Melt in 20 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until completely smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium size mixing bowl using an electric mixer whip together 2 1/2 cups cream, cream cheese, marshmallow fluff and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until combined and beginning to thicken to soft peaks. Lower the speed of the mixer and whip in the melted peanut butter chips. Continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble: Arrange 1/2 of the cookies side by side on the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan. There will be gaps.
- Spread 1/2 of the filling evenly over the cookies. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the crushed Butterfinger candy. Repeat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- Slice into wedges using a sharp knife. Store leftovers chilled.