This post is brought to you by Karo® Syrup
These delectable Chocolate Dipped Scotcheroo Bon Bons are a super fun seasonal spin on classic Chocolate Peanut Butter Scotcheroos. Decorate the tops with colorful sprinkles and they're transformed into a sweet treat no one can resist.
Chocolate Dipped Scotcheroo Bon Bons
My pantry is always stocked with Karo syrup. for these goodies, light Karo® corn syrup is combined with puffed rice cereal, crunchy peanut butter, mini chocolate chips and chopped peanut butter cups then shaped into bite sized morsels ready for dunking in a warm chocolate candy coating. When Karo invited me to help celebrate the Season of Sweetness to kick start the holiday season, it was an easy decision. I use Karo in so many baking projects to create sweet treats just as my Mother did before me. In desserts like my:
- Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake
- Homemade Caramel Popcorn
- I particularly love the chewy texture Karo corn syrup gives to cookies and the glossy shine it gives to my bourbon praline pecan sauce turning it into liquid gold. It's heavenly!
Scotcheroos are a Taste of Nostalgia
I can remember making classic Chocolate Scotcheroos as a girl and I still love them. They were the inspiration for these fun Scotcheroo bon bons which can be decorated with any color sprinkles you like, making them a year-round goodie to make and serve. Are you planning on entertaining this Halloween? Your little monsters will love these mini handheld goodies and since they're so simple to make, you could even include the kids in your kitchen activities.
- Make the Scotcheroo bon bons in advance and allow them to firm.
- Set-up a dipping station with melted candy coating and assorted toppings such as sprinkles, candy, edible eyes or chopped peanuts.
- Have nearby wax paper lined pans for their bon bons to set up without sticking.
- It's an ooey-gooey activity the whole family will love with lots of finger licking sure to follow.
- You may also like my recipe for No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies, Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars, Chocolate Peanut Butter Haystacks and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Disclaimer ~ This post is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Karo® Syrup. The opinions and text are all mine. Thank you for being supportive and allowing me to share products with you that I enjoy.
Chocolate Dipped Scotcheroo Bon Bons
- 1 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cup extra crunchy peanut butter
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- ½ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate baking chips
- ½ cup finely chopped chocolate peanut butter cups
- 2 (1 lb) packages chocolate candy coating
- Seasonal sprinkles
- Line 2 large baking sheets with wax paper. Set aside.
- In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, melt together the Karo® Light Corn Syrup and sugar.
- Cook over medium-high heat stirring until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a boil then remove from the heat. Add the peanut butter stirring until fully incorporated with the syrup.
- Add the cereal. Mix lightly then add the chocolate chips and chocolate peanut butter cups. Use a large silicone spoon or spatula to mix until combined.
- Use a 2-oz ice cream scoop to divide the mixture. Shape into balls. Place side by side on the wax paper lined baking sheet. (Spray hands lightly with cooking spray if roiling by hand to prevent sticking)
- Cool the bon bons completely or chill until firm.
- Dipping: Melt the chocolate candy coating per the package instructions. Use 2 forks to carefully dip each bon bon in the chocolate returning to the wax paper lined baking sheets.
- Immediately decorate with sprinkles then allow the chocolate coating to dry completely.
- Store in an air tight container at room temperature.