Skip the long line at the drive thru and make this delicious Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe at home. They're a cinch to make yourself with the bonus of allowing you to whip up a batch for sipping any time you're in the mood for a pumpkin treat.
Easy Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
Starbucks made lattes famous. It's pumpkin spice season and people line up all over the country to get that first cup of the year. It's quite simple to make your own at home, and rest assured, you can do it at a fraction of the price. It also comes with the bonus of no waiting in long lines and you know exactly what's going into it. That's a kitchen win.
How to Make the Best Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Copycat Pumpkin Spice Latte: Whole milk, espresso or dark brewed coffee, vanilla extract, granulated sugar, pumpkin puree, whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A medium size saucepan, whisk, a microwave safe bowl, milk frother or immersion blender, measuring cups and spoons and mugs for serving.
- This recipe easily doubles and triples. When doing so, you can adjust the amounts to your personal taste.
- If you don't have a milk frother, you can still make your own latte. You can vigorously whisk by hand, use an immersion blender or a stand mixer. You could even us a hand mixer in a pinch to whip the milk until it becomes frothy.
- Pumpkin pie spice isn't difficult to find at this time of year. In fact, I've been able to find it year-round at our local grocery stores on the spice aisle.
- If you prefer to make your own spice blend you'll need: ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon, ground ginger, ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg (or adjust this to your taste) and ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves or allspice. Please note, all of these amounts can be adjusted to suit your personal taste.
- Pumpkin Spice Lattes are best made and enjoyed. should you make them in advance, reheat gently in a saucepan over medium heat until steamy, top with whipped cream and enjoy.
- Keep in mind, this recipe can be adapted depending on how many servings you need and how large your cups are. Leave about an inch of headspace at the top of the mug to allow room for the whipped cream on top.
More Pumpkin Spice Recipes to Make
Pumpkin is far too delicious to be limited to a season. More ways to incorporate the flavors of the fall season to add to your menu:
- Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Pound Cake is a scratch made cake ideal for any fall celebration.
- Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Trifle is a stunning addition to the table.
- Pumpkin Spice Layered Lush is a seasonal spin on lush desserts.
- Pumpkin Pecan Cookies are frosted with a cream cheese glaze.
- Pumpkin Snack Cake with Browned Butter Frosting is made in a jelly roll pan.
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies are always a hit with kids of all ages.
- Quick Pumpkin Pudding from Very Best Baking.
THANKS FOR VISITING COME BACK SOON!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoon granulated sugar (adapt sweetness to taste)
- ¾-1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice plus additional for sprinkling on top
- ½ cup espresso OR dark brewed coffee
- 2 ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- whipped cream and cinnamon sticks for serving
- In a medium size heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat whisk together pumpkin puree, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and espresso. Whisk until combined and let simmer until heated thru then lower heat.
- Meanwhile, warm milk in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave for 1-2 minutes until hot. Use a whisk, a frother or an immersion blender to froth the milk until foamy. (about 30 seconds)
- Whisk hot milk into the saucepan with the pumpkin mixture. Leave on the heat just until hot and steamy, remove from heat and whisk in vanilla extract.
- Pour into 2 (12 ounce) or 3 (8 ounce) mugs leaving enough room to add whipped cream. Top with whipped cream and dust with additional pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon.
- Serve immediately garnished with a cinnamon stick, if desired.
- Maple latte: Give the flavor a maple flavor adding maple syrup or extract to taste.