This mouthwatering Pumpkin Snack Cake with Browned Butter Frosting has a tender crumb to compliment the dense texture. The crowning touch is a luscious creamy browned butter frosting slathered on top. It’s baked in a jelly roll pan, which results in pieces thin enough to be a sort of a cake-like bar and perfect for any potluck gathering dessert.
Easy Pumpkin Snack Cake with Browned Butter Frosting Recipe
How to Make the Best Pumpkin Snack Cake with Browned Butter Frosting Recipe
I love this pumpkin snack cake in particular, because this recipe makes enough to feed a hungry crowd, yet comes together so incredibly easy. The amazing taste of the browned butter frosting has a nutty edge that makes it so appealing. You can’t beat homemade-from-scratch seasonal goodness like this delectable pumpkin cake plus, it feeds a crowd making it a potluck favorite.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Pumpkin Snack Cake with Browned Butter Frosting: All purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, canned pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, large eggs and vegetable oil. You’ll also need chopped toasted pecans to garnish the top.
- For the easy Browned Butter Frosting you’ll need: Butter, powdered sugar, half and half plus vanilla extract.
- Kitchen gadgets you’ll need: Mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, a hand mixer or a stand mixer, a jelly roll pan, large spatula or spoons for spreading the batter into the pan and a small saucepan to make the browned butter.
- To make browned butter, you’re actually toasting the milk solids in the butter. It adds such a depth of flavor and richness to the frosting flavor overall. It’s worth the small amount of effort to make.
- This cake can be made up to 2 days in advance and stored chilled until serving.
- Store leftover Pumpkin Snack Cake chilled in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
More Southern Style Pumpkin Recipes to Make
Whether you’re baking for fall or in the mood for holiday worthy treats, you may like to try these other pumpkin recipes:
- Single layer Pumpkin Spice Butter Cake is topped with whipped cream and drizzled with a bourbon praline sauce.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Parfaits with a pecan crunch layer that’s to die for.
- No Bake Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Pie that requires no cooking at all.
- Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Pound Cake is a seasonal pound cake twist on classic pound cake.
- Easy Pumpkin Muffins from Celebrating Sweets.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pumpkin Snack Cake With Browned Butter Frosting
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 15-oz can pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Browned Butter Frosting:
- 3/4 cup salted butter
- 32 oz powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup half and half plus additional as needed
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 cup toasted chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spritz a 15 x 10 x 1 1/2-inch jelly roll pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, sift together the flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. (Tip: A wire whisk works perfectly)
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Using an electric mixer on low gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until fully moistened and the batter is creamy.
- Pour batter evenly into the pan. Bounce on the counter to release trapped air.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes back clean. Cool completely in the pan on a cooling rack.
- To make the frosting: In a heavy bottomed saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Cook for 10 minutes or until the butter turns light golden brown in color, stirring occasionally. The butter will bubble and froth.
- Once browned, remove from the heat. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add the powdered sugar, half and half and vanilla to a medium size mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer on low speed gradually add the browned butter. After all is added, increase the speed of the mixer and beat until fluffy and smooth. Add additional half & half in 1 Tbsp increments if needed, until it reaches spreading consistency.
- Frost the cooled cake. Sprinkle with 1 cup toasted pecans or walnuts if desired.
- Store chilled.