This stunningly delicious Reese’s Peanut Butter Pound Cake is a fun pound cake twist that will cause the fans of chocolate and peanut butter in your life love you forever. The from-scratch peanut butter pound cake is laced with chopped peanut butter cups, milk chocolate and peanut butter chips. The pound cake is then drizzled with a homemade chocolate peanut butter ganache. It’s gloriously rich and delicious and will turn you into a potluck dessert hero from the instant they dig into the first slice.
So with that said, it’s only fitting this chocolate peanut butter dripping decadence would make an appearance in my recipe file. If you prefer, this cake can be glazed just before serving to enjoy the drippy goodness. Otherwise, if you choose to chill the cake allow it to warm to room temperature before serving so the chocolate peanut butter ganache will soften a bit. It’s a special cake for a special occasion, or bake it just because it’s Monday. Or Tuesday.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Reese's Peanut Butter Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk Not fat free
- 1 11 oz package mini Reese's cups, unwrapped and roughly chopped
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter baking chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream plus additional to thin as needed
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a standard bundt pan with baking spray or butter and flour. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter and vanilla. Beat until completely smooth.
- Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat until fluffy and combined on medium-high for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Turn the speed of the mixer to medium and add the dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk.
- After all has been added, scrape the sides of the bowl then beat for 1 minute or just until fully combined.
- By hand, mix-in the Reese's, milk chocolate and peanut butter chips. (Reserve 1/2 cup of chopped Reese's for garnishing)
- Spread evenly into the bundt pan. Bounce on the counter a few times to settle the batter.
- Bake for 1 hr 15-30 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes back clean. Check halfway through baking and lay a piece of aluminum foil on top to prevent over browning, if needed.
- Cool in the pan for 20 minutes then carefully turn onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To glaze: In a medium-size microwave safe bowl melt together the chocolate chips, heavy cream and peanut butter. Heat in 20-30 second increments stopping to stir each time.
- Add additional cream as needed, until pourable.
- Drizzle over the cooled cake then sprinkle with reserved chopped Reese's cups.
- Store tightly sealed chilled or at room temperature.