This Reuben Nachos Recipe is made using waffle fries smothered in a homemade beer cheese sauce. Topped with corned beef and sauerkraut they're then drizzled with thousand island dressing and dollops of sour cream for the finish.
Easy Reuben Nachos Recipe
This type of pub-style food is so fun to make at home. It's also much more flavorful and carefully crafted, I might add. Kitchen tools you'll need to make it is a large sheet pan for baking the waffle fries, a sharp knife and chopping board, a medium size saucepan to make the guinness beer cheese sauce and a whisk to whip it all together. You'll need measuring cups and spoons, a cheese grater, and a cast iron skillet or similar oven safe pan or skillet to return to the oven to melt the Swiss cheese on top.
How to Make the BEST Pub Style Irish Reuben Nachos Recipe
- While this recipe is super simple to make, it requires just a few simple steps to make happen.
- These nachos are made with waffle fries are like any other nachos. They're best when made and eaten immediately while hot. Also, don't stress, any brand of waffle fries will do.
- To save time, you could make the cheese sauce in advance and chill it until you're ready to assemble.
- When doing so, be prepared to gently reheat and thin with milk or half and half to make it pourable.
- Deli corned beef will work perfectly for this recipe. You can certainly adapt the amount using more or less to your personal taste.
- While Swiss cheese is classic for a Reuben sandwich, you could adapt using a sharp white cheddar cheese, Gruyere or even a mild monterey jack cheese, in a pinch.
- This recipe is super simple to scale up or down depending on the amount of servings that you need.
Ingredients Needed to Make Irish Inspired Reuben Nachos
For this recipe, you'll need:
- Frozen waffle fries ( Use your favorite brand.)
- Salted or unsalted butter
- Garlic salt (Or plain salt and granulated garlic)
- Whole milk or half and half
- Guinness or similar dark lager beer
- Shredded Swiss cheese
- Dijon mustard
- Deli style fully cooked corned beef
- Sauerkraut, well drained
- Thousand Island dressing (Use your favorite brand.)
- Fresh chives and sour cream for garnishing
More Nachos Inspired Recipes to Make
Nachos are consummate party food and make a fun interactive meal for casual dining. Other nacho inspired recipes you may like to try:
- Nacho Beef and Macaroni is a one dish meal.
- Baked Potato Nachos uses potato wedges for the base.
- Cheesy Nacho Beef Rotini Skillet is delicious to the very last spoonful.
- Loaded Nachos Supreme is perfect for snacking and game day.
- Asian Chicken Salad Wonton Nachos is a riff on classic nachos.
- Loaded Veggie Nachos from Cookie and Kate.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Reuben Nachos Recipe
- 1 24 oz bag frozen waffle fries
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup whole milk or half and half
- ¾ cup Guinness or lager beer
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese divided use
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups chopped deli corned beef
- 1 cup sauerkraut rinsed, squeeze dry
- ½ cup prepared thousand island dressing plus additional for serving
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a large sheet pan with cooking spray. Spread waffle fries on pan. Bake for 22-25 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, on the stovetop over medium high heat melt butter in a 1-2 quart heavy bottomed saucepan. Add flour and garlic salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and smooth, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in milk and beer until combined. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce slightly thickens, about 5-8 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese and Dijon mustard until smooth.
- Arrange waffle fries on a clean pan. (You may overlap and layer depending on the pan.) Drizzle with cheese sauce. Arrange corned beef and sauerkraut over waffle fries, then sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Swiss cheese. Place under broiler until cheese has melted.
- Drizzle with thousand island dressing, dollops of sour cream and garnish with fresh chives.
- Serve immediately with additional thousand island dressing on the side for dipping.