Asian Chicken Salad Wonton Nachos – Nachos are such a great interactive appetizer to serve at parties and they’re always a favorite! Loving Asian flavors, and wanted to shake things up a little, I decided on creating this Asian chicken salad version using wontons in place of tortilla chips to enjoy this Holiday season.
These Asian nachos are definitely lighter, but, totally full flavored. The very first time I served them, they were an immediate hit! When people assemble their own appetizers it’s a great way to get them involved in the party preparations, and it’s a terrific way to get conversations started, too. Not to mention, the host or hostess doesn’t have to worry about anything becoming soggy before serving to their special guests.
Asian Chicken Salad Wonton Nachos
Servings: 24 -32 appetizers
- 1 1/2 cups small diced roasted chicken
- 24-32 to asted wonton wrappers
- 8-16 oz. whipped cream cheese
- Salad: [see cook's note]
- 2- 2 1/2 cups of finely grated green cabbage
- 1/3 cup finely grated or julienned carrot
- 1/4 cup finely grated purple cabbage
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp minced dried garlic
- 1 tsp minced dried onions
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes [more or less to taste]
- chopped peanuts
- diced green onion
- extra dressing if desired
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spritz a mini muffin pan with cooking spray and shape the wonton wrappers into the pan pressing gently until flat on the bottom of the pan.
- Spritz each lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 7-8 minutes until lightly toasted, then set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until combined.
- Add to the salad and diced chicken and toss gently until combined. Set into the fridge to chill for no longer 20-30 minutes so the veggies will still be crunchy. You can also double the dressing, and serve half on the side for those who would like an extra drizzle on their wonton nachos.
- To assemble, start with a dollop of cream cheese, then top with Asian chicken salad, a sprinkle of peanuts and sliced green onions.
- For serving, arrange, the wonton wrappers, chicken salad, chopped peanuts, cream cheese and sliced green onions on a platter and allow each guest to create their own.
- If assembled in advance serve immediately
A packaged Asian Salad Mix found in the produce department is a terrific shortcut for the salad in this dish.
Hi, thanks for stopping by to visit my website My name is Melissa, I’m a busy Mom, author, recipe developer, photographer, food writer and blogger. I’m passionate about creating delicious dishes to share with family and friends!