Are you looking to up your side dish game? This crispy Roasted Panko Parmesan Broccoli will definitely shake things up. Fresh broccoli florets roasted with a cheesy panko topping is sure to take your side dish menu to another level.
Roasted Panko Parmesan Broccoli
Fresh broccoli is an all-time personal favorite vegetable of mine. I can't think of one single way that it can be prepared that I don't love it. Whether it's the star of broccoli cheddar soup or tossed in a sweet and tangy dressing like my broccoli salad, it's a go-to choice for us. I'm always looking to keep things interesting, so, sometimes I skip the casserole version and prepare it roasted.
It's All About the Panko Parmesan Topping
To make this dish, fresh bright green broccoli florets are tossed in a light coating of crispy panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and seasoned to bring out the flavor. It never ceases to amaze me how such a simple preparation technique can be so intensely flavorful. Just a few pointers:
- Choose broccoli florets with variations of medium and deep green. Stay away from yellowing broccoli, as the color change is a sign that it's beginning to deteriorate and not as fresh.
- While baking, some of the crumbs will fall from the florets and bake on the pan. This is normal and doesn't mean something has gone wrong. Just before serving, spoon those crumbs over the broccoli and you'll be good to go.
- Adjust the amount of oil used to your taste and dietary needs. Also, if you're spice shy skip the red pepper flakes, or adjust to your personal preference.
- It's not necessary to serve this broccoli with a sauce but, it pairs quite well with a warm marinara as well as a buttermilk dressing lightly drizzled on top. Serve these on the side so people can pick their favorite.
Other Broccoli Dishes to Enjoy
Broccoli adds color and texture to a dish and it compliments a myriad of entrees, too. Casseroles like New Potato, Ham and Broccoli Cheese Casserole as well as my moist Broccoli Cheddar Cornbread are always a meal time win. You may also like to try this Lemon Roasted Broccoli for Oh Sweet Basil.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Roasted Panko Parmesan Broccoli
- 2 lb fresh broccoli florets (2 large bunches) cleaned and separated
- 3 green onion sliced, whites only
- 4 clove garlic minced
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dry Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt [more or less to your taste]
- light sprinkling black pepper or lemon pepper to taste
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spritz a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Separate the broccoli florets into bite size pieces. Place into a mixing bowl, with the sliced green onion and minced garlic.
- Pour the olive oil over the broccoli. Toss gently until coated. Add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Lay in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 20-23 minutes or until crisp tender and the crumbs are golden.
- Serve immediately.