Easy Pineapple Mango Salsa Recipe
How to Make the Best Pineapple Mango Salsa
Add this simple fresh pineapple mango salsa recipe to your condiment menu ASAP. It features a flavor combination that may seem unexpected, but it's exactly what makes it a tasty choice for so many dishes. It takes minutes to make and results in superb flavor.
- Ingredients you'll need to make this recipe for homemade Pineapple Mango Salsa: Fresh lime juice, honey, salt, red pepper flakes, fresh pineapple, fresh mango, red bell pepper, red onion and chopped fresh cilantro.
- Please note, this recipe uses fresh pineapple and mango, not canned.
- If you'd like to add heat to the mix, you could add chopped habanero pepper or a couple of tablespoons of chopped jalapeno pepper to your taste.
- The best way to choose a fresh pineapple: Firstly, when choosing a fresh pineapple it's all about the amount of give it has when it's squeezed. A ripe pineapple will have a firm exterior but should still be slightly soft and have some give when squeezed. The color should be slightly golden with few green patches. If you give a fresh pineapple a squeeze and it's super hard it's likely not fully ripe and ready to eat.
- The same rule applies to choosing fresh mangoes. When gently squeezed a ripe mango will have some give. Make sure it's not too soft or it could be overripe. No one likes mushy salsa.
- How do you serve pineapple mango salsa? You can serve this easy fruit salsa simply with tortilla chips as a dip. It's also a mouthwatering topping to serve with grilled chicken, salmon or pork. Serve it on salads or with grilled kabobs as well as fish and shrimp tacos. It provides the sweet to balance the heat in a spicy entrée.
- Store pineapple mango salsa for up to 2 days chilled in the refrigerator. I don't recommend freezing.
More Southern Style Salsa Recipes to Make
- Roasted Sweet Corn Salsa is a spectacular topping for salads and tacos.
- Fresh Peach and Tomato Salsa has that spicy sweet vibe that makes it so delicious.
- Fresh Pico de Gallo is a must make for Mexican night at home.
- Easy Roasted Tomatillo Salsa packs a punch of flavor perfect for dipping or drizzled on fajitas and enchiladas.
- You may also like this recipe for Green Hatch Chile Salsa from Hola Jalapeno.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pineapple Mango Salsa
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 ½ tablespoon honey
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes adjust to taste
- 1 cup fresh pineapple cubed
- 1 cup fresh mango cubed
- 2 tablespoon red bell pepper small dice
- ¼ cup red onion small dice
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- In a medium sized mixing bowl whisk together the lime juice, honey, salt and red pepper flakes. Pour over the chopped ingredients.
- Gently stir until combined and the ingredients are evenly coated.
- Place into an airtight container and chill for 2-4 hours prior to serving.