This fruity Pineapple Mango Salsa is the epitome of easy-to-make condiments. It’s fresh and light and compliments chicken, pork, blackened swordfish, tilapia or even as dip with chips. The sweet heat is sure to be a family pleaser.
Summer Meals and Entertaining
Summer, and the warm weather months of the year, bring with them picnics, outdoor dining and casual entertaining. I dare say, it just might be my most favorite time of the year for all of those reason I’m admittedly a lover of sunshine. Then, there’s the bonus of the abundance of fresh vegetables and fruit that we get to enjoy. Ingredients that may make meal time a lighter affair but, summer dishes are still packed with flavor.
Pineapple Mango Salsa
Add this simple fruity delight to your menu and while it may be unexpected, it’s terrific alongside so many dishes that it’s become a staple for us. I’ve been known to serve this simply with tortilla chips, or sprinkled over grilled chicken but, we’ve found that it’s super tasty as a condiment for pork tacos, too. It provides the “sweet” to counterbalance the heat in a spicy entrée. Super simple preparation superb flavor. Other toppings you may enjoy from the MSSK recipe index is my Roasted Sweet Corn Salsa and Fresh Peach and Tomato Salsa. If classic salsa is more your jam, try this Homemade Salsa Restaurant Style from Spend with Pennies.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Pineapple Mango Salsa
Servings: 3 cups
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1/16 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes adjust to taste
- 1 cup fresh pineapple cubed
- 1 cup fresh mango cubed
- 2 Tbsp red bell pepper small dice
- 1/4 cup red onion small dice
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- In a medium sized mixing bowl whisk together the lime juice, honey, salt and red pepper flakes. Pour over the chopped ingredients.
- Gently stir until combined and the ingredients are evenly coated.
- Place into an airtight container and chill for 2-4 hours prior to serving.