Fresh Peach And Tomato Salsa– Making fresh salsa is incredibly easy! When making salsa, I have different techniques that I use depending on the end result and flavor I’m trying to achieve. This recipe is a fresh salsa, meaning none of the ingredients were roasted, grilled or broiled.
For this fresh salsa, starring both peaches and tomatoes, I add chunks of fresh tomatoes and peaches to my food processor along with red bell and jalapeno peppers, red onion, cilantro and garlic cloves. I then toss in some seasonings and pulse everything together until the salsa reaches the consistency and texture that I want. We love to enjoy this salsa with tortilla chips, or as a condiment for grilled chicken, fish or pork. I even eat it on salads and tacos…oh so good! It’s sweet and spicy, and I love having a fresh and healthy way to get my kids to eat more fruit and vegetables.
Fresh Peach And Tomato Salsa
- 1/3 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 5 medium roma tomatoes
- 3 medium ripe peaches
- 1 medium purple onion
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper
- 4 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- handful of cilantro [around 1/2 cup packed]
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- On the stove top in a small saucepan., heat the vinegar, sugar and tomato paste together until the sugar dissolves and the tomato paste has melted completely, then remove from the heat.
- Clean all of the vegetables thoroughly. Peel the onion and peaches and remove the pit.
- Cut all of the veggies and peaches into similar size chunks. When cutting the jalapeno pepper, leave the seeds in only if you like your salsa really spicy, otherwise, use a teaspoon to remove them.
- Place the blade attachment into the center of the food processor, then begin to layer the ingredients evenly around the blade. Reserve the garlic cloves to add later.
- Add the cilantro close to the top so it won't over process.
- Add 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of cumin and 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. Place the top firmly on the food processor and lock it into place.
- Use the pulse feature to process the salsa. Drizzle the vinegar mixture in through the tube at the top while you pulse.
- Remove the lid and taste. Adjust the seasonings, if needed. Depending on how ripe your peaches are, you may like it a little sweeter, or the cayenne may need adjusting.
- Mince the garlic by hand. Stir it into the salsa at the end of processing.
- Store in an airtight container. Chill thoroughly for at least 2 hours before serving.