Sheet Pan Italian Sausages With Parmesan Roasted Vegetables makes a spectacular family-style meal all made in the oven in one fell swoop. This particular ingredient combination is one of our absolute favorite oven meals. For this recipe I use spicy and smoky seasoned Italian sausages and sweet red onion roasted together on one sheet pan then on a separate pan, plenty of cubed zucchini, yellow squash and sweet mini peppers. Toss the vegetables with simple seasonings and a light drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and it’s a low-stress complete meal.
Sheet pan cooking is a lifesaver. It’s specifically designed for those moments you have no time to fuss over mealtime. One thing I love about sheet pan dinners is; you can get creative with the ingredients making them a very versatile choice much like campfire foil packets. Since I cook for a family it takes 2 pans to make the amount that I need for our meal however, this can easily be adapted when cooking for 2 and you may only need one pan to make enough for your meal.
Keep in mind when roasting vegetables, it’s important to arrange everything in a single layer for the best browning results. This particular version you can personalize the flavor of the sausage to your taste using sweet or spicy pork or even chicken sausage for a lighter take. Easy clean-up rounds out this fantastic flavorful goodness that’s a winner every single time.
- 10 (4) oz sweet or spicy pork Italian sausage links (I used Botto - See Cook's note)
- 3 medium zucchini, ½-inch cubes
- 3 medium yellow squash, ½-inch cubes
- 1 large red onion, ¼-inch wedges
- 10 mini sweet peppers
- 1¼ tsp garlic salt, divided
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line (2) 12 x 17-inch jelly roll pans or similar size rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil. Spray liberally with cooking spray.
- On one pan, arrange the zucchini, squash and peppers in a single layer. Spray the vegetables liberally with cooking spray or drizzle lightly with olive oil. (You may use only cooking spray or only olive oil, if desired. I tend to use both) Sprinkle with 1 tsp garlic salt, Italian seasoning, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Gently toss to coat. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
- On the second pan, arrange the sausages around the edge of the pan and the onion wedges in the center. Spray with cooking spray. Season the onions lightly with ¼ tsp garlic salt.
- Place both pans into the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Rotate the pans.
- Increase the oven temperature to 450°F and continue to bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are browned.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese and serve.