These easy sheet pan breakfast stacks are topped with all of the ingredients we love to eat for breakfast, brunch or any time of day. A crispy tater tot crust is topped with shredded cheese, bacon or sausage then topped with an egg and more cheese. Sprinkle with chopped green onion and it’s meal time in no time.
I began making these breakfast stacks when I couldn’t get everyone to agree on what they wanted with their eggs. We dubbed them “stacks” because you can basically add what you like to the personalizing each one to taste. In place of meat, top the tater tots with sauteed peppers and onions or mushrooms for a spectacular meat free version. You can also use cubed ham in place of bacon and sausage and the type of cheese used can be whatever your heart desires. It’s an oh-so-good and budget friendly meal that’s requested by my family for supper as often as it is for breakfast or brunch.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Easy Sheet Pan Breakfast Stacks
- 48 tater tots
- 1 cup finely shredded Colby-Jack cheese divided
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled OR 6 oz sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 4 large eggs
- salt and black pepper
- 2 green onion thinly sliced
- sour cream optional
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Liberally spray a standard sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange 12 tater tots into 4 separate squares on the pan. Place into the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and use a Tbsp to gently press the center of each tater tot crust making a slight indentation to center the yolk of the egg. It's not necessary to press it flat.
- Divide 1/2 cup of cheese evenly over each portion of tater tots.
- Sprinkle the bacon or sausage over the cheese.
- Carefully crack one egg into the center of each stack allowing the egg white to spread over the tater tots forming a "glue." Season with salt and black to your taste. Sprinkle the tops of each egg with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for an additional 6-10 minutes or until the egg is cooked to your preference.
- Sprinkle with green onion and top with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.