These Easy Sheet Pan Breakfast Stacks are topped with all of the ingredients we love to eat for breakfast, brunch or any time of day. They feature a crispy tater tot crust that’s topped with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon then topped with an egg and more cheese. After baking, garnish them with a sprinkle of green onions and it’s meal time in no time.
Easy Sheet Pan Breakfast Stacks
I began making these breakfast stacks when I couldn’t get everyone to agree on what they wanted with their eggs. We dubbed them “stacks” because you can basically add what you like to them personalizing each one to taste. They make an oh-so-good budget friendly meal that’s requested by my family for supper as often as it is for breakfast or brunch.
How to Make the Best Easy Sheet Pan Breakfast Stacks Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Sheet Pan Breakfast Stacks: Tater tots, large eggs, shredded colby jack cheese, salt and black pepper, cooked bacon and green onions for garnishing.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A large sheet pan, cheese grater, measuring cups and spoons, sharp knife and cutting board. It’s helpful to have a spatula for removing them from the pan to a plate for serving.
- This recipe can be adapted making as many breakfast stacks as you need. You can make as few as two or as many as twenty since the ingredients are easily adaptable either way.
- The eggs form the glue that holds these breakfast stacks together. The cheese enhance it’s staying power.
- Ways to personalize: To make these meat free, top the tater tots with sautéed peppers and onions or mushrooms for a spectacular meat free version.
- You could also use cubed ham or sausage in place of the bacon.
- Any type or variety of shredded cheese can be used and I often use what I have on hand. You can use whatever cheese your heart desires.
- You may like to add jalapenos or use pepper jack cheese to add a kick of spice to the toppings.
- Use Canadian bacon and drizzle of Blender Hollandaise Sauce on top after baking.
- Sheet Pan Breakfast Stacks are best made and eaten fresh out of the oven. Should you have any leftover, you can chill them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and reheat in single servings in the microwave.
- You can also reheat them on a sheet pan in a 350°F until heated through or in an air fryer for a few minutes.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes to Make
Breakfast food is as appealing to my family for dinner as it is earlier in the day.
- Dishes like Breakfast Enchiladas feature robust flavor and a creamy verde sauce on top.
- Chorizo Breakfast Bubble Bake is a crowd favorite.
- Sausage and Egg Turnovers are two other favorites we enjoy.
- If the sweeter route is your forte my Skillet Apple Pie Biscuits or Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls will hit the spot.
- Bagel Breakfast Sandwiches can be made with any flavor of bagel that you enjoy.
- My Sausage Breakfast Casserole is a winner for busy holiday mornings or weekend brunches.
- Overnight Oats from Natasha’s Kitchen.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Easy Sheet Pan Breakfast Stacks
- 48 tater tots
- 1 cup finely shredded Colby-Jack cheese divided
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled OR 6 oz sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 4 large eggs
- salt and black pepper
- 2 thin green onions thinly sliced
- sour cream optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Liberally spray a standard sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange 12 tater tots into 4 separate squares on the pan. Place into the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and use a Tbsp to gently press the center of each tater tot crust making a slight indentation to center the yolk of the egg. It's not necessary to press it flat.
- Divide 1/2 cup of cheese evenly over each portion of tater tots. Sprinkle the bacon or sausage over the cheese.
- Carefully crack one egg into the center of each stack allowing the egg white to spread over the tater tots forming a "glue." Season with salt and black to your taste. Sprinkle the tops of each egg with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for an additional 6-10 minutes or until the egg is cooked to your preference.
- Sprinkle with green onion and top with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.