On a hot day, you’ll be cooling down in style with a glass of Sparkling Berry Lemonade. It’s both sweet and tangy, and certain to be one of those moments you’ll want to sip and savor the simple pleasures in life.
Easy Sparkling Berry Lemonade Recipe
In the summer months, lemonade rivals our beloved sweet ice tea for a cool down drink option in the South. This recipe is designed to be family friendly, so there’s no alcohol in it. Checkout the helpful tips, if you’d like to transform it into an adult beverage option.
How to Make the Best Sparkling Berry Lemonade Recipe
This recipe is super simple, but as always, I like to mention a few tips so that you have options.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Sparkling Berry Lemonade: Fresh strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, fresh lemon juice, sparkling water, lemon slices and additional whole berries.
- To make the simple syrup you’ll need: Water, granulated sugar and fresh mint.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A small saucepan, 2-3 quart pitcher, mortar and pestle, citrus juicer, measuring cups and spoons, sharp knife and cutting board.
- This recipe will produce lemonade with a slight minty taste. If you’d like a stronger mint taste, add more fresh mint sprigs to the simple syrup. It will infuse the flavor and you can make it as intense or as mild as you like.
- Soda water can be used in place of sparkling water in the same amount. You could use sparkling wine in place of sparkling water for an adult version.
- This drink can be converted to a cocktail by adding vodka. A citrus flavored vodka would be a good pairing, add one shot to each glass, repeating until your desired level of flavor is reached.
- You can adjust the sweetness of this berry lemonade to your personal taste. When making the simple syrup, keep in mind it’s equal parts sugar and water. So, you can make it using 1 cup of each or 2 cups of each.
- If you’d prefer no carbonation, bottled water or drinking water can be used in place of sparkling water.
- Depending on the size of the glasses used, naturally the yield could vary. Larger glasses will give you less lemonade and small glasses will give you more servings.
- Store Sparkling Berry Lemonade chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It will lose carbonation as it sits but this won’t affect the flavor.
More Easy Drink Recipes to Make
Other delicious cool down drink options you may enjoy trying:
- This Sweet Peach Tea uses frozen peach slices as ice cubes.
- We love these Pine Apple Lemonade Spritzers for a family friendly drink for picnics and backyard parties.
- Southern Sweet Tea is a must make for any time of year.
- Change up your summer drinks with this Limeade Recipe.
- You’ll love this homemade Eggnog Recipe for the holidays.
- Fruit Punch Recipe from Courtney’s Sweets.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
DISCLOSURE ~ IF A PURCHASE IS MADE USING ONE OF THE AFFILIATE LINKS ON THIS WEBSITE WE MAY EARN A SMALL COMMISSION AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. THANK YOU!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Sparkling Berry Lemonade Recipe
- Mint Simple Syrup:
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 springs fresh mint plus additional for serving
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced plus additional whole berries if using for garnishing
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium lemons, 1/4 inch slices
- 2 litres sparkling water well chilled
- additional berries, ice and lemon slices for serving
- To make simple syrup: Place water, sugar and mint into a 1 quart saucepan. Bring to a boil on the stovetop over high heat, and stir just until sugar melts. Remove from heat, and let steep for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile: Using a mortar and pestle, muddle 1/3 cup each of strawberries, blackberries and raspberries. (Alternately, use a wooden spoon and muddle in a bowl.)
- Remove mint sprigs from simple syrup. Add to a bowl or 2 1/2 quart pitcher with lemon juice, remaining 2/3 cup each of berries. Stir well. Cover and chill for 2-4 hours.
- Just before serving add mixture to a beverage dispenser (if not using a pitcher) Add sparkling water, lemon slices and ice. (Please note: Add 1 litre sparkling water then taste. Add additional sparkling water up to 1 litre to your taste, adjust the amount according to sweetness desired.)
- Pour into glasses garnish with additional fruit or lemon slices, as desired.
- This recipe will produce lemonade with a slight minty taste. If you'd like a stronger mint taste, add more mint sprigs to the simple syrup.
- Soda water can be used in place of sparkling water.
- Likewise, you could use sparkling wine in place of sparkling water.
- This drink can be converted to a cocktail by adding vodka. A citrus flavored vodka would be a good pairing, add one shot to each glass, repeating until your desired flavor is reached.
- You can adjust the sweetness of this berry lemonade to your personal taste. When making the simple syrup, keep in mind it's equal parts sugar and water. So, you can make it using 1 cup of each or 2 cups of each.
- If you'd prefer no carbonation, bottled water or drinking water can be used in place of sparkling water.
- Depending on the size of glasses used, yield may vary.