Pine-Apple-Lemonade Spritzer – Pineapple is one of my favorite fruits. After enjoying pineapple lemonade while on vacation it was added to my ever growing “to do” list for my blog.
The addition of apple juice gives it a more complex flavor, reminding me a little of the apple juleps we enjoy at an apple farm we visit regularly in Tennessee. This drink can be served as a refreshing Summer time drink or year-round as a celebration event punch. Garnish with a lemon slice and a sprig of mint. Delightful!
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cups light apple juice [low sugar]
- 1 1/4 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 liter seltzer water well chilled
- sprigs of mint
- lemon slices
- To prepare the simple syrup: In a medium saucepan bring the sugar and water to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes until the sugar crystals are dissolved. Cool completely.
- Mix the cooled simple syrup together with the pineapple juice, apple juice and lemon juice.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Just before serving, add the chilled seltzer water, stir well.
- Garnish with lemon slices and mint.