Thimble Biscuits – This scrumptious thimble biscuit recipe is from my friends at Martha White and Smucker’s. I just can’t think Martha White and Smucker’s without thinking of biscuits and jam. This simple creation takes so few ingredients to prepare with such a pleasing result they’re sure to become a family favorite. Thimble biscuits are homemade biscuits filled with your favorite preserves or jam. Baked to perfection and served hot. It doesn’t get any better than that!
On my recent visit to Nashville to spend time with the folks at Martha White, Smucker’s and White Lily, the team at DVL was excited to let us in on some news. You may know that Martha White has been partnering with the Country Music Association for decades. In fact, we were treated to a private concert by some of the best singer-songwriters in Nashville during our visit. So what’s the big news? Martha White has recently renewed their partnership with the CMA and they want to send you to the CMA awards show to celebrate!
To kick off their renewed relationship they’re giving away 4 Grand prize packages to see the CMA awards in person! Follow this link to enter on Facebook. You can enter once daily through September 30th for a chance to win a trip for 2 to Music City. I would be over the moon if one of my readers won this trip! Nashville is such a great city and a spectacular place to visit. So hop over and enter and get busy baking some scrumptious thimble biscuits.
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- ¼ cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup Smucker's® Strawberry Preserves, or your favorite Smucker's jam or preserves
- HEAT oven to 450°F. Spray a cookie sheet lightly with no-stick cooking spray. Place flour in large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk; stir with fork until soft dough forms and mixture begins to pull away from sides of bowl, adding additional milk 1 tablespoon at a time if necessary.
- KNEAD dough on lightly floured surface just until smooth. Roll out dough to ⅛ to ¼-inch thickness. Cut with 2-inch floured round cutter. Place half of rounds on prepared cookie sheet.
- CUT a small hole with thimble or other small (about ¾ inch) cutter in center of remaining rounds. Stack rounds with holes on top of rounds on cookie sheet. Fill each hole with about ¼ teaspoon preserves.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cool.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Martha White and J.M. Smucker. The opinions and text are all mine.