If you’d love to try your hand at making biscuits, these Cheddar Ranch Drop Biscuits are a scrumptious starting point. The beauty is, there’s no rolling and cutting required to make them which makes them especially suited for busy days. They’re filled with cheddar cheese and simple seasonings for a punch of flavor with every bite.
Easy Cheddar Ranch Drop Biscuits Recipe
How to Make the BEST Cheddar Ranch Drop Biscuits Recipe
While the cheddar biscuits are a departure in flavor, the ingredients needed are easy to find, which makes them even more stress-free to make.
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Cheddar Ranch Drop Biscuits: Buttermilk baking mix (i.e. Bisquick or similar), Ranch dip, chopped chives or green onion tops, shredded cheddar cheese, garlic powder or granulated garlic, melted butter and heavy cream.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A medium bowl, measuring cups and spoons, a rubber spatula, sheet pan, ice cream scoop or Tablespoons for dividing the dough and a cheese grater.
- These biscuits garner much of their flavor from a prepared buttermilk Ranch dip. Yes, you read that right, a sour cream based ranch dip. It adds so much flavor and creamy texture to the biscuit dough.
- If you prefer, you can swap out the heavy cream using buttermilk in the same amount.
- This is one instance where grating your own cheddar cheese will add to the end result.
- To heighten the flavor even more, extra garlic powder gives them an added punch of flavor. They bake-up soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside.
- These drop biscuits are so delicious, they can be enjoyed as the house bread of choice at any meal.
- Biscuits are best made and eaten the same day. That said, you can store baked Cheddar Ranch Drop Biscuits tightly wrapped in foil for up to 2 days. Reheat in single servings in the microwave.
More Southern Biscuit Recipes to Make
- You may like to try are these sweet Skillet Apple Pie Biscuits for breakfast, brunch or dessert.
- Fluffy and light 7 Up Drop Biscuits.
- Mayonnaise Biscuits are a delicious option that utilizes pantry ingredients.
- Stuffed Ham Egg and Cheese Biscuits have a surprise tucked away inside.
- Savory Cheddar Chive Potato Biscuits are another savory option you can serve at any meal.
- 3 Ingredient Biscuits are so simple, the kids can help!
- Italian Herb Biscuits from A Dash of Sanity for your next Italian supper.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Cheddar Ranch Drop Biscuits
- 3 cup baking mix i.e. Bisquick
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives or green onion tops finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 8 oz prepared buttermilk ranch dip
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a whisk to sift together the baking mix, chives and garlic powder.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until combined and moistened. The dough will be stiff.
- Using 2 Tbsp divide the mixture into 16 portions dropping onto the parchment lined baking sheets. Place at least 2 inches apart.
- Brush the tops with melted butter.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes until golden.