If you're a fan of pound cake this White Chocolate Cherry Cream Cheese Pound Cake is a must make. The batter is filled with white chocolate chips and sweet maraschino cherries all baked in a creamy homemade batter. The top is drizzled with a pink cherry glaze to seal the deal.
Easy White Chocolate Cherry Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe
I unapologetically love rich buttery pound cake in any flavor. From a classic vanilla pound cake, to lemon pound cake, a summer strawberry or glorious coconut cream pound cake. In my world, there's just no wrong flavor. Pound cakes freeze well and depending on the flavor can be transformed into trifles or provide the base for an ice cream sundae or strawberry shortcake in a pinch.
How Do you Make the Best White Chocolate Cherry Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe
This version ranks near the top of my pound cake all-stars due to the combination of maraschino cherries and white chocolate. They compliment one another so well.
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade White Chocolate Cherry Cream Cheese Pound Cake: All purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, plain cream cheese, baking powder, salt, maraschino cherries (well drained), vanilla extract, almond extract, white chocolate baking chips and large eggs.
- For the glaze you'll need: Powdered sugar, maraschino cherry juice and heavy cream plus whipped cream and cherries with stems for garnishing.
- Kitchen tools you'll need: A stand mixer or a hand mixer, large mixing bowl, medium bowl, whisk, measuring cups and spoons, an angel food pan (tube pan), sharp knife and cutting board, cooling rack and rubber spatula.
- Pound cakes are dense by their very nature. This cake does have a small amount of leavening along with the eggs to add a lightness to the dense batter. That's not necessarily typical of Southern pound cakes some are made with eggs alone.
- When tinting the batter, you can make it as pink as you like by adjusting the amount of food coloring you add to the batter. It doesn't effect the taste of course, so if you prefer it could also be left out altogether.
- For me, it's all about showing the love and I never grow tired of the reaction you get from people when you cut into a pink tinted cake. It makes this beauty incredibly fun to make and serve.
- The glaze is made with the juice from the cherries mixed with powdered sugar. To tint, add a few drops of pink food coloring. Repeat the process adding more or less, until the color suits your fancy.
- Store glazed White Chocolate Cherry Cream Cheese Pound Cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
More Southern Pound Cake Recipes to Make
Cake for dessert is a no brainer, right? If you'd like to try your hand at perfecting Southern pound cakes, I've got you covered! More of my fabulous pound cake recipes you may also like to try:
- Famous Million Dollar Pound Cake is perfection for any occasion.
- Lemon Lovers Pound Cake is a family recipe you'll love.
- Strawberry Pound Cake is drizzled with a vanilla cream glaze.
- Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake made in a loaf pan.
- Coconut Cream Pound Cake will delight your coconut lovers.
- Citrus infused Orange Pound Cake.
- Chocolate Chip Pound Cake from Love from the Oven.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
White Chocolate Cherry Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 16 oz jar maraschino cherries, well drained, reserve juice
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Pink food coloring
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- Reserved cherry juice
- 16 maraschino cherries with stems
- Whipped cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Butter and flour a tube pan with a removable bottom or spray liberally with baking spray. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium-high cream together the butter, cream cheese, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Gradually add the sugar beating for 2 minutes until fully combined.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture. Beat until the ingredients are fully incorporated, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl as needed. Add a few drops of food coloring. (There's no wrong amount add until your desired color depth is reached)
- Roughly chop the maraschino cherries. Mix into the batter by hand along with the white chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hr 30- 1 hr 45 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes back clean. Check at 1 hr 15 minutes and lay a piece of aluminum foil on top to prevent over browning, if needed.
- Cool on a cooling rack in the pan for 20 minutes then remove the outer ring. Cool completely.
- To glaze: Mix together 1 ½ cup powdered sugar, 2 tablespoon heavy cream and 1 tablespoon reserved cherry juice. Stir until smooth. Add additional juice 1 teaspoon at a time until drizzling consistency. Add 2 drops of food coloring, more or less to your preference. Drizzle over the cooled cake.
- Garnish with whipped cream and maraschino cherries just before serving.
- May be stored tightly covered chilled or at room temperature.
This was delicious! Big hit at my house for my son’s birthday.
Wonderful, send him my best Birthday wishes!
Carie Ann Ingalls
Have you made this cake in Loaf pans? If so how ling would you cook for?
You can bake this cake in loaf pans. Baking time would depend on the size of the pans. Using standard size pans, check at 40-45 minutes and adjust from there.
Can this batter be baked in 8” round pans?
Most cakes can be made in various shapes and this one is no different. That said, this is a pound cake batter and will require you to tweak the bake time when making in smaller amounts.
I don’t understand. I baked in a tubular bunds
Pan, but all the chopped cherries and chips
Sank to the bottom (top) when baked
Were the cherries drained well? Mixing through thoroughly is key. You can try tossing with a small amount of flour before adding to the batter but, if mixed through it should be fine I've never had to do that with this cake.
My family doesn’t like maraschino cherries. Can thawed strawberries be substituted?
I have a recipe for a Strawberry Pound Cake here.
Would like to obtain the recepie for the cherry cheesecake
Can this be made in a tube pan without a removable bottom?
Sure, if that's what you have.
I want to try this Pound Cake but I’m so afraid of not liking all those cherries? Can less cherries go in? I like a nice moist pound cake but i’m Not certain about these cherries. I’m excited about trying your eggnog & chocolate chip pound cakes. Will let you know how those came out as well as share. Yes you have great recipes that I share. The best to you always. Thank you.
Oh sure, if you want to pull back on the cherries, you can no problem.
Can this be made using dried cherries? What would I use in place of the cherry juice? Thank you.
The maraschino cherries work best in this cake, I would recommend making it as it is, if possible.