If you’re a fan of pound cake as I am, this White Chocolate Cherry Cream Cheese Pound Cake is a must make. A luscious cream cheese pound cake batter is filled with sweet maraschino cherries and white chocolate baking chips. It’s then baked until dense and golden. After cooling, it’s drizzled with a pink glaze made with the juice from the cherries mixed with powdered sugar. To tint, add a few drops of pink food coloring adding more or less, until the color suits your fancy. It’s a feast for the eyes and worth the effort it takes to make it from scratch.
I unapologetically love rich buttery pound cake in any flavor. From a classic vanilla pound cake, to our family tested lemon lovers pound cake, a summer strawberry or glorious coconut cream pound cake. In my opinion, there’s just no wrong flavor. Pound cakes freeze well and depending on the flavor can be transformed into trifles or provide the base for an ice cream sundae in a pinch.
This version ranks near the top of my pound cake all-stars due to the combination of maraschino cherries and white chocolate. They compliment one another so well. When tinting the batter, you can make it as pink as you like by adjusting the amount of food coloring you add to the batter. It doesn’t effect the taste of course, so, if you prefer it could also be left out altogether. For me, it’s all about showing the love and I never grow tired of the reaction you get from people when you cut into a pink tinted cake. It makes this beauty incredibly fun to make and serve. See all of my pound cakes in the MSSK recipe index here.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
White Chocolate Cherry Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 1 8-ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 16-ounce maraschino cherries, well drained, reserve juice
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Pink food coloring
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- Reserved cherry juice
- 16 maraschino cherries with stems
- Whipped cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Butter and flour a tube pan with a removable bottom or spray liberally with baking spray. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium-high cream together the butter, cream cheese, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Gradually add the sugar beating for 2 minutes until fully combined.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture. Beat until the ingredients are fully incorporated, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl as needed. Add a few drops of food coloring. (There's no wrong amount add until your desired color depth is reached)
- Roughly chop the maraschino cherries. Mix into the batter by hand along with the white chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hr 30- 1 hr 45 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes back clean. Check at 1 hr 15 minutes and lay a piece of aluminum foil on top to prevent over browning, if needed.
- Cool on a cooling rack in the pan for 20 minutes then remove the outer ring. Cool completely.
- To glaze: Mix together 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 2 Tbsp heavy cream and 1 Tbsp reserved cherry juice. Stir until smooth. Add additional juice 1 tsp at a time until drizzling consistency. Add 2 drops of food coloring, more or less to your preference. Drizzle over the cooled cake.
- Garnish with whipped cream and maraschino cherries just before serving.
- May be stored tightly covered chilled or at room temperature.