These delicate White Chocolate Cherry Pudding Cookies are soft on the inside with a slightly crispy edge. The sweet maraschino cherries and white chocolate are an absolute dreamy flavor combination and the pink hue given to the dough is magical. They’re one of those cookies you’ll make once and then find new reasons to bake another and then another. Bake a batch for someone special or share them with a friend. It’s guaranteed to bring a smile to their face.
In my world, baking cookies is a year-round sport. I know some people like to wait until the holidays to go all out with a variety of cookies but, life is short I say why wait? Make the most of every single day. Cookies are one of those desserts that everyone loves. Kid of all ages gravitate to them and I openly admit that I’m no different. Perhaps it’s the fact they’re handheld and can be eaten on the go. Or perhaps, it’s due to their sheer deliciousness.
For these white chocolate cherry cookies, the dough is creamy and delicate and in turn creates a cookie that’s delicate as well. This is due to the addition of the sweet maraschino cherries, so when preparing the ingredients make a point to drain them well. The maraschino cherries naturally add juice and a beautiful pink color to the batter that makes them so very pretty. These cookies are best stored flat and if stacked place a piece of wax paper between layers to keep them separate. The dough can be made in advance and keeps quite well. Use the freshest dairy products and it can be stored chilled in an air tight container for up to 1 week. It’s a magnificent treat to bake a batch fresh when you’e in the mood for something sweet. Cookies are one of the small joys in life that should be savored. Often.
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 4 oz plain cream cheese, softened (Not spreadable or whipped)
- 1½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp pure almond extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (3.4-oz) package instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 (12-oz} jar maraschino cherries, well drained and quartered
- 1 (11-oz) package white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 standard baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl using an electric mixer cream together the butter, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and almond extracts. Beat until fluffy and pale yellow in color, around 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Sift together the flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt. Lower the speed of the mixer and add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter and sugar. Continue mixing until fully combined.
- Mix-in the cherries and white chocolate chips by hand until evenly distributed in the dough.
- Use a medium cookie or ice cream scoop to divide the dough placing at least 2-inches apart. on the pan
- Using floured fingers gently press to flatten the centers.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Cool on the pan for 5 minutes then carefully remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.