These delicate White Chocolate Cherry Pudding Cookies are soft on the inside with a slightly crispy edge. The sweet maraschino cherries and white chocolate are an absolute dreamy flavor combination and the pink hue given to the dough is magical. They're one of those cookies you'll make once and then find new reasons to bake another batch and then another. Bake some for someone special or share them with a friend. It's guaranteed to bring a smile to their face.
Easy White Chocolate Cherry Pudding Cookies Recipe
In my world, baking cookies is a year-round sport. I know some people like to wait until the holidays to go all out with a variety of cookies but, life is short I say why wait? Make the most of every single day. Cookies are one of those desserts that everyone loves. Kid of all ages gravitate to them and I openly admit that I'm no different. Perhaps it's the fact they're handheld and can be eaten on the go. Or perhaps, it's due to their sheer deliciousness.
How to Make the Best White Chocolate Cherry Pudding Cookies
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade White Chocolate Cherry Pudding Cookies: All purpose flour, baking soda, salt, butter, granulated sugar, vanilla extract almond extract, instant white chocolate pudding mix, maraschino cherries, white chocolate baking chips and softened cream cheese.
- Kitchen tools you'll need: A stand mixer or a hand mixer, large bowl, medium bowl, measuring cups and spoons, baking sheets, a rubber spatula for scraping the bowl, a whisk to sift together the dry ingredients, a cookie scoop or an ice cream scoop, cookie spatula and cooling rack.
- These white chocolate cherry cookies feature a dough that's creamy and delicate and in turn creates a cookie that's delicate as well.
- If you're unable to find white chocolate flavored pudding mix you could use cheesecake flavored, instead.
- Due to the addition of the sweet maraschino cherries it's important to make an effort to make sure they're well drained. The maraschino cherries naturally add juice and a beautiful pink color to the batter that makes them so very pretty.
- These cookies are best stored flat. When stacking place a piece of wax paper between layers to keep them separate.
- The dough can be made in advance and keeps quite well. Use the freshest dairy products and it can be stored chilled in an airtight container for up to 1 week. You can also freeze the cookie dough for up to 3 months.
- When freezing, I recommend scooping the dough then placing it onto a cookie sheet on wax paper and into the freezer. Once frozen solid, package the cookie dough in plastic bags or freezer containers. Bake from frozen adding a few minutes to the bake time.
- Store baked White Chocolate Cherry Pudding Cookies at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
More Easy Cookie Recipes to Make
It's a magnificent treat to bake a batch of fresh cookies when you're in the mood for something sweet. Cookies are one of the small joys in life that should be savored. Often. Other white chocolate chip cookies you may like to try:
- Island inspired Key Lime Coconut White Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are for the peanut butter fans in your life.
- Chocolate Chunk Pecan Pudding Cookies are cowboy size.
- Funfetti Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies are like a party in your mouth.
- Classic Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are always a hit.
- Butter Pecan Cookies are a personal favorite.
- Strawberries and Cream cake mix cookies from Tastes of Lizzy.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
White Chocolate Cherry Pudding Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 4 oz plain cream cheese softened (Not spreadable or whipped)
- 1½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pure almond extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3.4 oz package instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 12 oz jar maraschino cherries well drained and quartered
- 1 11 oz package white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 standard baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl using an electric mixer cream together the butter, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and almond extracts. Beat until fluffy and pale yellow in color, around 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Sift together the flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt. Lower the speed of the mixer and add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter and sugar. Continue mixing until fully combined.
- Mix-in the cherries and white chocolate chips by hand until evenly distributed in the dough.
- Use a medium cookie or ice cream scoop to divide the dough placing at least 2-inches apart. on the pan
- Using floured fingers gently press to flatten the centers.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Cool on the pan for 5 minutes then carefully remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
I made these cookies a few days ago and we are down to our last few morsels! They are DELICIOUS! Pudding cookies are my favorite, but this twist with the cherries is just fantastic. Loved how the almond extract compliments them and the white chocolate! My 9 year old son who is a tough food critic told me they are officially his favorite cookies now! I couldn’t find white chocolate pudding so used French Vanilla and it taste magnificent . This recipe is going in my recipe binder ! Thank you Melissa! 🙂
Lindsey, being a boy Mom the fact that your son loves these makes my heart happy. I'm so delighted your family enjoyed them thank you!
I can’t find white chocolate pudding can I use vanilla pudding or something else?
Cheesecake pudding would be my first flavor choice but yes, you could use vanilla.
I made these cookies for an event where there were many different cookies. These cookies were so pretty and were the only cookie that disappeared quickly-even beat out homemade chocolate chip.
I'm so happy you enjoyed them thank you!
Made these today (I finally found the pudding but am going to try the cheesecake one later.) They are sooo yummy! I think I’ve committed cookie-dultry against my chocolate chips but oh well.
Ha, love it! I'm so happy you loved these as much as we do.
My daughter sent me this recipe and it is now my favorite cookie recipe! I take all my baked goods to work to feed my coworkers and these got rave reviews.
Hi Kim, that's wonderful, thank you so much for taking the time to let me know!
I can’t find the instant white chocolate pudding anywhere. How would instant cheesecake pudding taste?
That will work fine!
Can I use cream cheese in the round tub rather than the brick shaped one?
I haven't tested this recipe using whipped cream cheese so, I'm not certain if it would work as well. If you try it, let us know how it goes.
What do you mean by vanilla chocolate pudding I’ve never seen vanilla/ chocolate pudding mix?? Thank you
White chocolate pudding is a flavor that's available at most grocery stores. If you're unable to find it, you could use vanilla pudding.
Can I freeze the dough to be baked later? How long would they keep in the freezer?
Yes you can, up to 2 months. Thaw in the fridge.
Desi S Anderson
I made these cookies and they were a big hit!!!. At the time when shopping for the ingredients the 2 stores that I went to were out of the Jello brand white pudding but I did splurge on the Godiva brand white chocolate pudding. The box was 3.9oz instead of the 3.4oz of Jello brand pudding. So I just added more cherries (I almost used a full 16oz jar of cherries) and added more chips. I cooked about 6 trays of these cookies, (those went bye bye in 1day). I still had some cookie dough left (even with some people getting into it). So I made 3 more trays last night, well let's just say those cookies are gone as well.
Tomorrow is Friday so Melissa I guess I'm going to be following in your tradition of baking cookies on Friday. I guess. These cookies are a smash with family and friends and really moist. 💗❤️❤️❤️ 👍👍💯. Next time I will add a pic.
Hi Desi, I LOVE that you loved these cookies as much as we do. I'm delighted your family enjoyed them. This dough freezes like a dream, too. Thanks so much for such a kind note and happy Friday cookie baking!
You have a very nice website. However, you are sorely in need of a robust collection of scones and muffins. Lol. ????????????
I love them both, I need to add more to my "to do" list. Ha!
I’m wild for these cookies. I just happen to have a big jar of maraschino cherries in the back of my pantry. Apparently, it’s serendipitous and I just need the pugging to go forward. ????????????
Can I use cake mix instead of flour this recipe looks good will try it in the near future
I'm sure there are other cookie recipes using cake mix but, this recipe isn't interchangeable. It should be made as written.
I am going to try these next weekend. Thank you!
it looks awesome and easy ... thank you for the recipe
It's my pleasure, thank you for visiting.