These fun and festive Funfetti Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies are filled with brightly colored sprinkles and topped with a cream cheese frosting. The sprinkles are mixed into the scratch made cream cheese infused sugar cookie dough then baked until very lightly golden. Cool completely then frost and decorate.
Easy Funfetti Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies Recipe
Cookies are a year-round baking activity at our house. Cookies are one of the small pleasures to enjoy in life. Cookie dough is very forgiving and keeps well chilled in an airtight container, or frozen for future use. I love that I can keep cookie dough in the fridge for a week or so, and in the freezer even longer. It's a treat to have cookie dough ready to bake when my family gets a cookie craving.
How to Make the Best Funfetti Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Funfetti Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies: All purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, vanilla extract, almond extract, large egg yolks, butter, cream cheese, rainbow sprinkles for the dough and for decorating.
- For the Frosting you'll need: Plain cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract and powdered sugar.
- Kitchen tools you'll need: A stand mixer or a hand mixer, measuring cups and spoons, a medium cookie scoop or ice cream scoop, baking pans, cooling rack and a small cookie scoop or ice cream scoop.
- Before baking, I separate this particular dough using a small ice cream scoop. Think around 1 ½ Tablespoons of cookie dough. If you're not familiar with scoop sizes, a regular-size ice cream scoop usually holds 4 ounces. That said, you can make these cookies any size you like even using a tablespoon to divide the dough in a pinch.
- When changing the size of the cookies, the baking time will need to be adjusted. Keep in mind, that the instructions for this recipe are based on 2 ounce rounds of dough. Be mindful and adjust if using a smaller portion and likewise increase the baking time if using a larger portion of dough. This would be the same rule-of-thumb you would use when baking any cookie.
- You can also enjoy these cookies dusted with powdered sugar.
- After baking, expect these cookies to have a golden bottom and very little color on top, so don't be tempted to over bake them. That's the nature of a cream cheese cookie dough.
- Cool the cookies on a cooling rack completely before topping with the cream cheese frosting and a few more sprinkles.
- Store frosted Funfetti Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies in an airtight container chilled in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- You may also like my recipe for Birthday Cake Funfetti Trifle.
More Easy Cookie Recipes to Make
It doesn't have to a special occasion to bake a batch of cookies. More cookie recipes you may also like to try:
- Candy Bar Pretzel Cookies feature that sweet and salty flavor combination that's so delicious.
- Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are loaded with all the good things.
- Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookies always satisfy.
- Loaded Butterscotch Toffee Pecan Cookies are rich and buttery.
- Soft and fluffy Lemon Glazed Cookies.
- White Chocolate Cherry Pudding Cookies are delicious for spring tea parties, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day and the holidays.
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies from Lauren's Latest.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Funfetti Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon pure almond extract
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup rainbow sprinkles divided
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 tablespoon salted butter softened
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 standard baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl using an electric mixer cream together the butter, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and almond extracts. Beat until fluffy and pale yellow in color, around 2 minutes.
- Add the egg yolks one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Sift together the flour, salt and nutmeg. Lower the speed of the mixer and add the dry ingredients to the creamed sugar. Continue mixing until fully combined.
- Mix-in ¾ cup sprinkles by hand. Mix until fully distributed.
- Use a 2-ounce ice cream scoop to divide the dough placing 2-inches apart. on the pan
- Using flour fingers gently press to flatten the centers.
- Bake for 12 minutes until the bottoms are golden.
- Cool on the pan for 5 minutes then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Using a hand mixer cream together the cream cheese, butter and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar on low speed.
- After all has been added beat on high speed for 2 minutes or until completely smooth.
- Frost the cooled cookies. Garnish with the remaining sprinkles.
- Store tightly sealed in a single layer, chilled.