These island inspired Key Lime Coconut White Chocolate Chip Cookies are to die for. They're crisp and buttery with a pop of lime zest and a pleasant chewy texture thanks to shredded coconut. The addition of creamy white chocolate chips is the crowning touch. They're a year-round bite of sunshine that'll never last long in your cookie jar.
Key Lime Coconut Cookies for Any Time of Year
I love making cookie dough in advance and baking fresh cookies when we're ready for them. I'm a kid at heart when it comes to cookies, I find them simply irresistible. To me, warm cookies are one of those small indulgences that make life sweet. My love of cookies has been a sweet spot for my boys who never had to ask if they could have some. My philosophy is, why let the Grandparents have all the fun? Get the family in the kitchen and it becomes and group effort with memories in the making.
Helpful Tips for Making Key Lime Coconut White Chocolate Chip Cookies
The flavor of these key lime beauties is like enjoying a trip to the Florida Keys without leaving home.
- Take the time to allow the butter to soften so that it will incorporate evenly with the butter.
- This key lime coconut cookie dough keeps well chilled when starting with the freshest of dairy products. You can store it up to one week in the fridge.
- When making in advance, be certain that it's kept tightly covered to keep moisture and air from changing the texture of the dough.
- From frozen, always thaw raw cookie dough in the refrigerator.
- You may also enjoy these recipes for Key Lime Tart, Key Lime Poke Cake and Key Lime Pie.
- Another key lime goodie to love is this irresistible Key Lime Fudge from Recipe Girl.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Key Lime Coconut White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened (2 sticks)
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp lime extract or lime juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated lime zest
- 2 ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 10 oz package sweetened flaked coconut
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, lime extract, and vanilla. Cream for 2 minutes until fluffy and pale yellow in color.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Beat in the lime zest.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. With the mixer on low speed gradually add the dry ingredients. Stop and scrape the bowl as needed. Beat until the dry ingredients are fully moistened.
- Mix-in the white chocolate chips and coconut by hand. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- To bake, preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment or a silpat.
- Divide the dough using a 2 oz ice cream scoop, leaving 3-inches apart to allow for spreading. (A regular size ice cream scoop is 4 oz)
- Bake for 14-16 minutes until golden. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes then remove to a cooling rack.
- Store tightly sealed at room temperature.