These island inspired Key Lime Coconut White Chocolate Chip Cookies are to die for! Crisp and buttery with a pop of lime and chewy coconut then crowned with creamy white chocolate chips. They’re a year-round bite of sunshine that never last very long in our cookie jar.
I love making cookie dough in advance and baking fresh cookies when we’re ready for them. Warm cookies are one of those small indulgences that make life sweet. This key lime coconut cookie dough refrigerates well when starting with the freshest of dairy products. You can store it up to one week chilled when kept tightly covered to keep moisture and air from changing the texture of the dough. From frozen, always thaw in the refrigerator. The flavor is like enjoying a trip to the Florida keys without leaving home.
See it at The Weekend Potluck here
Key Lime Coconut White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened (2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp plus1 tsp freshly grated lime zest
- 2 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 10 oz package sweetened flaked coconut
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, lime juice, and vanilla. Cream for 2 minutes until fluffy and pale yellow in color.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Beat in the lime zest.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. With the mixer on low speed gradually add the dry ingredients. Stop and scrape the bowl as needed. Beat until the dry ingredients are fully moistened.
- Mix-in the white chocolate chips and coconut by hand. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- To bake, preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment or a silpat.
- Divide the dough using a 2 oz ice cream scoop, leaving 3-inches apart to allow for spreading. (A regular size ice cream scoop is 4 oz)
- Bake for 14-16 minutes until golden. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes then remove to a cooling rack.
- Store tightly sealed at room temperature.