This retro recipe for White Chocolate Snack Mix is a nostalgic seasonal treat. It’s super simple to make a giant bowl of this goodness that includes rice cereal squares, Bugles, pretzels twists, salted peanuts and holiday M&M’s. A generous coating of warm melted white chocolate seals the deal. Such a wonderful salty sweet flavor combination could result in nothing short of glorious. It’s ideal for handheld holiday munching or packaged in cellophane bags and given as a homemade gift for friends, neighbors, teachers and more.
Easy White Chocolate Snack Mix Recipe
There are many variations to the kinds of ingredients people use in this White Chocolate Snack Mix. They tend to have quirky names, too. The ingredient that is non-negotiable when making this for us are the Bugles. That addictive crunchy little corn chip was introduced to me as a little girl by my Grandma Vera. There was always a bag tucked away on top of her fridge for munching whenever we visited. She thought Bugles were ideal for this sweet sensation due to the fact they’re already shaped like Santa hats. I concur with her train of thought. How to make homemade White Chocolate M&M Christmas Snack Mix:
- Chocolate – Three packages white chocolate baking chips i.e. Ghiradelli or similar.
- Cereal – Four cups of rice cereal squares i.e. Chex cereal or similar.
- Mix-ins – Bugles, small pretzel twists, red and green M&M’s.
- Nuts – Salted party peanuts.
- Garnish – Holiday colored sprinkles.
How to Make the Best White Chocolate Snack Mix Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade White Chocolate Snack Mix: White chocolate chips, square rice cereal (i.e. Chex Cereal) pretzels, peanuts, Bugles, red and green M & M’s and Christmas sprinkles.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A double boiler, large bowl, rubber spatula, measuring cups and wax paper.
- There are many varieties of homemade snack mix both savory and sweet. You may see some snack mix recipes that call for cheerios and other types of cereal in the ingredients. I’m sure they’re tasty, so feel free to experiment if you’re feeling adventurous and swap out Bugles or rice flavored Chex for corn Chex or another flavor to suit your taste.
- It’s important to spread this out quickly after coating with the melted chocolate. Because of this, it’s helpful to have a jumbo sheet pan or a dedicated space on your counter covered with wax paper before you begin. This will ensure you’ll be good to go without needing to stop midway through preparation.
- I highly recommend that you use a good quality white chocolate and I prefer Ghiradelli. It melts beautifully and I think the flavor is superior.
- Adding warm white chocolate to the mix may cause some of the M&M’s to melt a bit when mixing. If you prefer they not melt at all, add them to the snack mix last. If you work quickly, it’s not a huge issue and adds to the charm of this sweet holiday treat
- Store White Chocolate Snack Mix in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. (It won’t last that long!)
More Easy Holiday Desserts and Sweets to Make
The holidays are all about nostalgia and some our favorites we can’t wait to enjoy every year. More holiday goodies you may also like to try:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Ritz Crackers are an oldie but goodie.
- Delight family and friends with this yummy Cornflake Christmas Wreath.
- Made from scratch Christmas Cranberry Cake.
- Homemade three color Tiger Butter Bark.
- Making Gingerbread Cookies is a fun baking project the kiddos will love.
- Two bite Santa Hat Brownies.
- Buttery chocolate drizzled Reindeer Munchies.
- Frosting Fudge from Recipe Boy.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
White Chocolate Snack Mix
- 3 11 oz bags white chocolate chips i.e. Ghiradelli
- 4 cups rice cereal squares i.e. Chex cereal or similar
- 4 cups Bugles
- 3 cups small pretzel twists
- 2 cups salted party peanuts
- 1 11 oz bag red and green M&M's plus additional 1/2 cup
- 3 Tbsp holiday sprinkles
- Melt the chocolate over simmering water in a double boiler until completely smooth, stirring occasionally.
- While the chocolate is melting, add the cereal, Bugles, pretzels, peanuts and one bag M & M’s to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour melted chocolate over the ingredients in the bowl. Use a large nonstick spoon or spatula to gently turn until evenly coated.
- Spread on wax paper to dry. Immediately sprinkle with remaining M & M’s and sprinkles while wet. Dry thoroughly for several hours or overnight.
- Break apart and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.