This retro recipe for White Chocolate Snack Mix is a nostalgic seasonal treat. It’s super simple to make a giant bowl of this goodness that includes rice cereal squares, Bugles, pretzels twists, salted peanuts and holiday M&M’s. A generous coating of warm melted white chocolate seals the deal. Such a wonderful salty sweet flavor combination could result in nothing short of glorious. It’s ideal for handheld holiday munching or packaged in cellophane bags and given as a homemade gift for friends, neighbors, teachers and more.
White Chocolate Snack Mix
There are many variations to the kinds of ingredients people use in this White Chocolate Snack Mix. They tend to have quirky names, too. The ingredient that is non-negotiable when making this for us are the Bugles. That addictive crunchy little corn chip was introduced to me as a little girl by my Grandma Vera. There was always a bag tucked away on top of her fridge for munching whenever we visited. She thought Bugles were ideal for this sweet sensation due to the fact they’re already shaped like Santa hats. I concur with her train of thought.
Can You Use Different Cereal?
You may see some recipes that call for cheerios and other types of cereal in the ingredients. I’m sure they’re tasty so, feel free to experiment if, you’re feeling adventurous. I highly recommend you use good quality white chocolate and I prefer Ghiradelli. It melts beautifully and I think the flavor is superior. Adding warm white chocolate to the mix may cause some of the M&M’s to melt a bit when mixing. If you prefer they not melt at all, add them to the snack mix last. If you work quickly, it’s not a huge issue and adds to the charm of this sweet holiday treat Other fun snack mix recipes you may like to try is this Frito Snack Mix from Recipe Girl and Honey Sriracha Snack Mix from The Creative Bite.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
White Chocolate Snack Mix
- 3 11 oz bags white chocolate chips i.e. Ghiradelli
- 4 cups rice cereal squares
- 4 cups Bugles
- 3 cups small pretzel twists
- 2 cups salted party peanuts
- 1 11 oz bag red and green M&M's plus additional 1/2 cup
- 3 Tbsp holiday sprinkles
- Melt the chocolate over simmering water in a double boiler until completely smooth, stirring occasionally.
- While the chocolate is melting, add the cereal, Bugles, pretzels, peanuts and one bag M & M's to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour melted chocolate over the ingredients in the bowl. Use a large nonstick spoon or spatula to gently turn until evenly coated.
- Spread on wax paper to dry. Immediately sprinkle with remaining M & M's and sprinkles while wet. Dry thoroughly for several hours or overnight.
- Break apart and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.