If you're looking for a no-fuss sweet fix in a hurry look no further. This tricolor Tiger Butter Bark is a holiday tradition at our house and I couldn't be happier that my family enjoys devouring it as much as I love making it. Creamy peanut butter and white chocolate are melted together then embellished with a white and semi-sweet chocolate swirl. I love that no two batches are ever the same and the kids like to pitch in and help to create the swirls. After preparing the bark, finish it by chilling for one hour then it's ready to break or cut into pieces. It's like making edible art.
Easy Tiger Butter Bark Recipe
Busy days and no-bake sweets like this tiger butter bark were made for each other. It's fun not fussy to make. I've made it using white chocolate melting wafers (affiliate) as I did in this recipe and I've used white chocolate chips as well. Either will work. It's the kind of family project that everyone can be involved in, as none of the ingredients require stovetop or oven time.
How to Make the Best Tiger Butter Bark Recipe
- Ingredients you'll need to make homemade Tiger Butter Bark: Peanut butter, white chocolate chips, semi sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate melting wafers and solid vegetable shortening.
- Kitchen gadgets you'll need: A large sheet pan, microwave safe bowls or a double boiler, measuring cups and spoons and toothpicks or skewers to make the design.
- If you like, crunchy peanut butter could be used in place of creamy to add texture.
- How do you make the swirls in Tiger Butter Bark? To make the swirls, I usually pull the melted chocolate layers with a toothpick in 1-inch widths in both directions vertically and horizontally, until I get the l look that I want.
- Don't be tempted to use a stirring motion when working with the toothpick or you'll lose the swirl effect and let's face it, that's what makes this bark so enticing.
- You can use a sharp knife to cut into desired size pieces or just break it apart by hand. Keep in mind, you may want to wear gloves to avoid getting finger prints on the surface.
- Store Tiger Butter Bark at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
More Easy Sweets and Candy Recipes to Make
Add these easy sweet treats to the menu:
- If sweet and salty is your jam checkout my recipe for Triple Chocolate Potato Chip Bark.
- Candy Corn Cookie Truffles for fall gatherings and Halloween parties.
- Sweet and Salty Crockpot Candy is perfection to make during the holiday season.
- Mint Chocolate Cookie Bark is so easy the kids can make it.
- My recipe for irresistible Pecan Balls is the only one you'll ever need!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Haystacks are a riff on the butterscotch haystacks popular around the holidays.
- Yummy Peanut Butter Buckeye Pretzels from Inside BruCrew Life.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Tiger Butter Bark
- 2 10 oz packages white chocolate melting wafers i.e. Ghirardelli (*See Cook's note)
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoon solid vegetable shortening divided
- Line a 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan or rimmed baking pan with parchment or waxed paper.
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt together both packages white chocolate wafers with peanut butter. Melt on 50% power in 30 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until the white chocolate is completely melted. Mix well.
- Pour onto the pan spreading evenly with a spatula..
- Meanwhile, in a medium microwave safe bowl melt together 1 cup white chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening. Melt on 50% power in 30 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until the white chocolate is completely smooth.
- Drizzle over the peanut butter mixture.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl with 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening.
- Melt on 50% power in 30 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until the chocolate is completely smooth.
- Drizzle over the white chocolate.Swirl together using a toothpick or knife.
- Chill for 1 hour or until firm. Cut or break into desired size pieces.
- Store chilled in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- *Ghirardelli melting wafers are excellent quality and melt perfectly. They're available on the baking aisle of most grocery stores. If preferred, you may substitute with 2 (11-oz) packages white chocolate baking chips.
- You may melt also chocolate in a double boiler on the stovetop.