If you're looking for a no-fuss sweet fix in a hurry look no further. This tricolor Tiger Butter Bark is a holiday tradition at our house and I couldn't be happier that my family enjoys devouring it as much as I love making it. Creamy peanut butter and white chocolate are melted together then embellished with a white and semi-sweet chocolate swirl. I love that no two batches are ever the same and the kids like to pitch in and help to create the swirls. After preparing the bark, finish it by chilling for one hour then it's ready to break or cut into pieces. It's like making edible art.
Tiger Butter Bark
Busy days and no-bake sweets like this tiger butter bark were made for each other. It's fun not fussy to make. I've made it using white chocolate melting wafers as I did in this recipe and I've used white chocolate chips as well. Either will work. If you like, crunchy peanut butter could be used in place of creamy to add texture. It's the kind of family project that everyone can be involved in, as none of the ingredients require stovetop or oven time.
How to Make the Swirls in Tiger Butter Bark
- To make the swirls, I usually pull the melted chocolate layers with a toothpick in 1-inch widths in both directions vertically and horizontally, until I get the l look that I want.
- Don't be tempted to use a stirring motion or you'll lose the swirl effect and let's face it, that's what makes this bark so enticing.
- It makes a mouthwatering homemade gift for neighbors, teachers or simply for sharing with the special people in your life.
- If sweet and salty is your jam checkout my recipe for Triple Chocolate Potato Chip Bark and these yummy Peanut Butter Buckeye Pretzels from Inside BruCrew Life.
Other Easy Candy Recipes to Try
Add these easy sweet treats to the menu:
- Candy Corn Cookie Truffles for fall
- Sweet and Salty Crockpot Candy for the holiday season
- Irresistible Pecan Balls
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Tiger Butter Bark
- 2 10 oz packages white chocolate melting wafers i.e. Ghirardelli (*See Cook's note)
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp solid vegetable shortening divided
- Line a 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan or rimmed baking pan with parchment or waxed paper.
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt together both packages white chocolate wafers with peanut butter. Melt on 50% power in 30 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until the white chocolate is completely melted. Mix well.
- Pour onto the pan spreading evenly with a spatula..
- Meanwhile, in a medium microwave safe bowl melt together 1 cup white chocolate chips with 1 tsp vegetable shortening. Melt on 50% power in 30 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until the white chocolate is completely smooth.
- Drizzle over the peanut butter mixture.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl with 1 tsp vegetable shortening.
- Melt on 50% power in 30 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until the chocolate is completely smooth.
- Drizzle over the white chocolate.Swirl together using a toothpick or knife.
- Chill for 1 hour or until firm. Cut or break into desired size pieces.
- Store chilled in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- *Ghirardelli melting wafers are excellent quality and melt perfectly. They're available on the baking aisle of most grocery stores. If preferred, you may substitute with 2 (11-oz) packages white chocolate baking chips.
- You may melt also chocolate in a double boiler on the stovetop.