If you’re looking for a no-fuss sweetfix in a hurry look no further. This tri-color Tiger Butter Bark is a holiday tradition at our house and I couldn’t be happier that my family enjoys devouring it as much as I love making it. Creamy peanut butter and white chocolate are melted together then embellished with a white and semi-sweet chocolate swirl. I love that no two batches are ever the same and the kids like to pitch in and help to create the swirls. After preparing the bark, finish it by chilling for one hour then it’s ready to break or cut into pieces. It’s like making edible art.
Busy days and no-bake sweets like this tiger butter bark were made for each other. It’s fun not fussy to make. I’ve made it using white chocolate melting wafers as I did in this recipe and I’ve used white chocolate chips as well. Either will work. If you like, crunchy peanut butter could be used in place of creamy to add texture. It’s the kind of family project that everyone can be involved in, as none of the ingredients require stovetop or oven time.
To make the swirls, I usually pull the melted chocolate layers with a toothpick in 1-inch widths in both directions vertically and horizontally, until I get the l look that I want. Don’t be tempted to use a stirring motion or you’ll lose the swirl effect and let’s face it, that’s what makes this bark so enticing. It makes a mouthwatering homemade gift for neighbors, teachers or simply for sharing with the special people in your life.
If you make an Amazon purchase using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Items used in the preparation of this recipe:
Offset spatula for easy spreading
Pyrex Measuring Cup
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker’s Jelly Roll Baking Sheet
Ghirardelli White Chocolate Melting Wafers
- 2 (10-oz) packages white chocolate melting wafers i.e. Ghirardelli (*See Cook's note)
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp solid vegetable shortening, divided
- Line a 15x10x1-inch jelly roll pan or rimmed baking pan with parchment or waxed paper.
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt together both packages white chocolate wafers with peanut butter. Melt on 50% power in 30 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until the white chocolate is completely melted. Mix well.
- Pour onto the pan spreading evenly with a spatula..
- Meanwhile, in a medium microwave safe bowl melt together 1 cup white chocolate chips with 1 tsp vegetable shortening. Melt on 50% power in 30 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until the white chocolate is completely smooth.
- Drizzle over the peanut butter mixture.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl with 1 tsp vegetable shortening.
- Melt on 50% power in 30 second increments stopping to stir each time. Repeat until the chocolate is completely smooth.
- Drizzle over the white chocolate.Swirl together using a toothpick or knife.
- Chill for 1 hour or until firm. Cut or break into desired size pieces.
- Store chilled in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature before serving.