These cute as a button Santa Hat Brownies are certain to be a holiday rock star. They’re a whimsical two bite dessert that will be the talk of your holiday goodies.
Easy Santa Hat Brownies Recipe
If you’ve been a visitor of my site for very long you know I love to bake from scratch. I’ve always loved baking and my family doesn’t often get store bought sweets. When it comes to the hectic pace of the holidays, I give myself permission to use some of the conveniences we have access to and lower my stress level. Plus, in the instance of these cute santa hat brownies, I can spend more time making them pretty, too. These mini brownie bites are designed to be a simple and delicious small bite dessert for the holidays that anyone can make.
How to Make the Best Santa Hat Brownies Recipe
- Ingredients you’ll need to make homemade Santa Hat Brownies: One box quality brownie mix, cooled coffee, vegetable oil, large eggs, whole strawberries, whipped topping ,plain cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Kitchen tools you’ll need: A stand mixer or a hand mixer, 24 cup mini muffin pan or two 12 cup mini muffin pans, a small scoop, strawberry huller, measuring cups and spoons, medium bowl, large bowl, sharp knife and cutting board and a pastry bag with a star tip or a Ziploc bag with the corner snipped.
- This recipe utilizes a boxed brownie mix for ease of preparation. I highly recommend using a really good one such as Ghirardelli Double Chocolate or a brand that you already enjoy.
- It’s important to note that you do not follow the directions on the brownies package follow the recipe for the amounts of oil, coffee or water and eggs in the recipe.
- If you’d like to adapt this using homemade brownies check out my recipe for Ultimate Fudge Brownies.
- When hulling the strawberries, the small scooped out portion actually works well to keep the whipped cream from expanding too much when pressing the fresh strawberry “hat” into place.
- When piping the cream for the brim of the hat, allow room for the strawberry to sit and not “squish” all the cream out of place. Less is more.
- If you aren’t comfortable working a piping bag, use a Ziploc bag with the corner cut to make the brim of the hat.
- Choose strawberries that are similar in size and have a pretty conical shape to make the best Santa hats.
- To expedite assembly, the brownies could be made one day in advance for a timesaver.
- Store Santa Hat Brownies chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More Easy Christmas Desserts to Make
There is never a shortage of sweet treats around the holidays. More baking inspiration that you may also like to try:
- Cornflake Christmas Wreath is a full size version of the classic little sweet treat made in a bundt pan.
- Chocolate drizzled Reindeer Munchies for the popcorn fans in your life.
- Chocolate Peppermint Truffles melt in your mouth.
- Pecan Balls dipped in both white and milk chocolate.
- Southern Divinity is a holiday staple.
- 100 of the Best Christmas Cookies recipes has something to satisfy everyone’s taste.
- Festive White Chocolate Snack Mix is addictive!
- Reindeer Oreo Truffles from Walking on Sunshine.
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Santa Hat Brownies
- 1 18 oz package brownie mix i.e. Ghiradelli Double Chocolate or similar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cooled coffee or water
- 2 large eggs
- 24 medium strawberries
- 1 8 oz frozen whipped topping thawed
- 1 8 oz container spreadable cream cheese softened
- 1/2-1 cup powdered sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray the cups of a 24 cup mini muffin pan with baking spray or line with holiday mini liners. set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl use an electric mixer to beat together brownie mix, oil, coffee or water and eggs until fully blended.
- Use a small scoop to divide the batter evenly between cups. Bake for 10-12 minutes or just until a toothpick inserted into the center shows moist crumbs. Cool in the pan, then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer whip together whipped topping, cream cheese, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and vanilla until fluffy and fully combined. Start with 1/2 cup, taste and adjust to your taste. Cover and chill until assembling.
- Hull the strawberries and trim the tip of the opposite end.
- To assemble: Using a piping bag fitted with a small star tip, pipe cream onto each brownie. Gently place one strawberry on top wide side down. Pipe cream onto the smaller end to complete the hat. Chill for at least 2 hours to set before serving.
- Store leftovers chilled in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Don't follow the directions on the brownie box, follow the recipe for the amounts of oil, coffee or water and eggs and bake time.
- Do you prefer to make your own brownies? Checkout my recipe for Ultimate Fudge Brownies here.