The pecan-crunch streusel is what sets this Sweet Potato Pie apart, adding a decadent praline layer with a crunchy crumb topping. Serve a big slice with a generous dollop of fresh whipped cream for a bonefide treat.
Sweet Potato Pie is a Southern Classic
Make Homemade Sweet Potato Puree
If you'd like to make your own sweet potato puree, it's very simple to do.
- Bake sweet potatoes with the skin intact in a 375°F oven for around an hour or until tender.
- Allow them to cool a bit, then using a tablespoon you can easily scoop out the flesh.
- Puree the flesh in a stand blender or using a hand mixer.
- This step could even be done in advance to save time.
- Pumpkin pie spice brings the seasonal flavor to this sweet potato pie and turns it into an irresistible Autumn spiced delight.
Other Sweet Potato Recipes to Add to the Menu
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Casserole
- Sweet Potato Slab Pie for a crowd
- Ham and Sweet Potato Hash with Eggs
- Sweet Potato Biscuits for holiday brunch
- Sweet Potato Dip from Peas and Crayons
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Sweet Potato Pie
- 1 9-inch refrigerated pie crust or frozen deep dish
- 2 cups pureed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup crushed vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Tbsp cold butter cubed
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup English toffee bits (Bits-o-Brickle)
- 2 cups fresh whipped cream for serving optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spritz a 9-inch deep dish pie pan with cooking spray. Press the pie crust firmly into the pie pan. Prick the bottom of the pie crust with a fork. Place onto a baking sheet and into the oven to bake for 7 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together sweet potato puree, cream, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and salt . Mix until fully combined.
- Pour custard into crust. Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, mix together vanilla wafer crumbs, granulated sugar and cinnamon. Cut butter into the mixture using a pastry blender or two forks until it resembles coarse crumbs. Mix-in the chopped pecans and English toffee bits by hand.
- After baking for 30 minutes, sprinkle the pecan-crunch streusel over the top of the custard. Continue to bake for an additional 30 minutes until the custard is set when gently shaken and the pecan-crunch streusel is golden. Cover the edge of the crust with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning, if needed.
- Cool the pie to room temperature then chill completely before cutting. Overnight is ideal. Serve with a dollop of fresh whipped cream, if desired.