These scrumptious Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are filled with a buttery amalgamation of brown sugar and pecans. Topped with toasted gooey mini marshmallows, they're the perfect individual serving option for your holiday table.
Individual Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are on our menu fairly often in several different forms. I figure, why wait until fall or the holidays, to enjoy this glorious spud. Roasted honey chipotle sweet potato wedges make a delightful accompaniment to burgers and chicken sandwiches year-round. A favorite brunch option is my sweet potato hash with baked eggs and ham. At the holidays, you're certain to find sweet potato casserole and streusel topped sweet potato pie on our celebration menu. These individual servings are perfect for a smaller group or occasion, when a full casserole isn't feasible.
Helpful Tips for Making Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Choose sweet potatoes of similar size and shape. I find the more plump sweet potatoes work best for this recipe.
- This recipe can easily be modified for one or two servings as well as increasing it to make more.
- When adding the filling to the baked sweet potatoes, use a fork to gently mix into the flesh. Some will melt and escape while baking, this is normal.
- Due to some of the juices escaping while baking, line the sheet pan with heavy duty foil sprayed with cooking spray for easier clean-up.
- If necessary, broil the marshmallows under the broiler for a few minutes to toast to your liking.
Dishes to Serve with Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Another smaller batch option at the holidays is opting for a turkey breast in place of a whole turkey. See how to make a delicious turkey breast in your slow cooker. Otherwise more inspiration from the MSSK recipe index:
- These go beautifully with Brown Sugar Bourbon Pineapple Glazed Ham.
- Roasted Chili Lime Pork Tenderloin
- Braised Pork Chops with Cabbage and Apples
- Slow Cooker Beef Brisket from Recipe Tin Eats
Thanks for visiting come back soon!
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Helpful Kitchen Items:
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 large sweet potatoes wash and pat dry
- ½ cup roughly chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoon butter cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 2-3 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Wash and pat dry sweet potatoes. Pierce a few times with a knife. Wrap in foil. Place onto a baking sheet.
- Place into oven. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until soft when squeezed.
- Meanwhile, spread pecans on a separate baking sheet in a single layer. Toast while potatoes bake for 5-7 minutes, then set aside.
- To assemble: Remove foil from potatoes. Slice potatoes down the middle leaving at least a ½ inch border on each end. Squeeze ends to open, leaving a gap in center. Place onto a baking pan, covered with foil spritzed with cooking spray for easier clean-up.
- Divide butter between sweet potatoes. Season each with ¼ teaspoon salt. (May adjust salt to taste)
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over butter. Use a fork to gently fluff through sweet potato flesh.
- Divide toasted pecans between potatoes and top with marshmallows.
- Return to the oven baking for 5 minutes or just until marshmallows are melting and golden. Broil for a few minutes to toast further, if desired.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then serve.